+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What can I do if my previous employer does not provide reference letter for me?

dddddleiting

Apr 9, 2009
I worked for a small business for 10 months, and I didn't end up with this employer happily, so she does not responde to my request of reference letter showing that I worked there full time.

I do have most of the paycheck studs (showing hourly rate and hours worked), and T4 slip. Would these be enough to prove that I worked 10 months full-time?

(I got another job afterwards to get over one full year and had 4 years university study experiece to get qualifed for CEC)

Thanks advance for any suggestion and help!

m4mm4l

Apr 12, 2009
Hi,

I had the same problem because my company no longer exists, You can do a self declaration instead.
Basically right yourself a reference stating job title, brief of what you did and end salary, you will then need a P60 tax doc and pay stubs to back it up and also a brief letter stating why you cant get a reference.

Hope this helps,
Chris

CEC_category

Apr 16, 2009
i am facing this issue too..due to recession issues i was laid off..have done just over 20 months with my company...the VP doesnt wanna deal with me, and the person taking care of HR has not responded. its good to know this other option chris...

i have done 4 years uni over here b.comm undergrad degree, but then worked in a general sales exec role..would this still qualify me for my PR under the CEC category . i have even done the IELTS n done well on it.

sharuu

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Buff - Ott
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
AOR Received.
September 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Passport Req..
December 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013
Re: What can I do if my previous employer does not provide reference letter for

So, any solution? What if we show that we have notice of assessment that we actually did work there and we also have T4 to prove this? Someone mentioned business cards are also required!!

Thanks!!

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Re: What can I do if my previous employer does not provide reference letter for

I think T4's and paystubs will do.