+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the fastest cities in taking a refugee decision

walidleeda

Jan 11, 2017
Hi,

Does it vary from province to other or between cities in the processing time of refugee claim?

I think the processing time for hearing appointment or talking a decision depends on how much works they have and the heavy loading on them.

If true, So what do you think the best city to claim refuge ?!

kial

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
walidleeda said:
Hi,

Does it vary from province to other or between cities in the processing time of refugee claim?

I think the processing time for hearing appointment or talking a decision depends on how much works they have and the heavy loading on them.

I think Montreal , that's what i have been told.

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walidleeda said:
Hi,

Québec has their own immigration System. It's a different system. People always try to avoid Québec for immigration due to the complicity of its immigration System. You could look at Québec as a different country within Canada. Even if you apply for refugee in Montreal, Québec and got accepted, you need to obtain a Certificat de sélection du Québec (another application- it take 6 months-one year) then you can apply for PR there.

Yelsew

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
London, ON
The length of time it takes to get your hearing depends on whether you made your claim at a port of entry or at an inland office. Also whether you are from a Designated Country of Origin (DCO) or non-DCO. For refugee claims made after 2012, the government's goal is to have hearings within 60 days for inland, non-DCO claimants (shorter for DCO claimants), regardless of your location within Canada. I know some claimants who have had their hearings (in Toronto) postponed beyond that 60-day target. But that doesn't mean that there aren't similar postponements in the other cities where IRB hearings are held (Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg and Montreal).

Here is a link that explains DCO/non-DCO, and the time-lines for each.

http://www.fcjrefugeecentre.org/canadas-refugee-process/summary-of-the-process/