+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What alternatives does my spouse, as the accompanying applicant, have to pursue a BOWP application after receiving the AOR?

affanmunir

Mar 14, 2022
I am presently on a PGWP, and my spouse also has a PGWP expiring soon. We recently applied for EE with me as the principal applicant and my spouse accompanying me. We have received the AOR. I'm curious, can both the principal applicant and the accompanying spouse apply for a BOWP? Additionally, my spouse is employed in a NOC B job. What alternatives are available to us?

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-11-2023
I am presently on a PGWP, and my spouse also has a PGWP expiring soon. We recently applied for EE with me as the principal applicant and my spouse accompanying me. We have received the AOR. I'm curious, can both the principal applicant and the accompanying spouse apply for a BOWP? Additionally, my spouse is employed in a NOC B job. What alternatives are available to us?
Hi,
"A few weeks ago, I found myself in a similar situation. You can submit a BOWP ( Bridging Open Work Permit Program) application for the principal applicant and include your spouse as a dependent in the same application.

Technically, the secondary applicant will be filing for an SOWP (Spousal Open Work Permit), while the principal applicant will be applying for a BOWP. One condition for this process is that the principal applicant must have a job to sponsor the secondary applicant during the process."