+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What all documents need to be Notarized ?

ajosephhh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012

1. Photocopy of, B.E - 8 semester Marksheets + Degree Certificate
2. Photocopy of, Bank Loan Sanction Letter (Do students usually send original Sanction Letter or photocopy to VFS)
3. Photocopy of, Fixed Deposit Certificates
4. Sponsor Statement (in original, so is notary required)
5. Photocopy of, 10th, 12th mark sheets
6. Photocopy of, First year Fees payment receipt from the university
7. Photocopy of, Work experience Certificate.

I have some other questions too,

1. In the CIC website, they have given like this

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature

Why I am asking is, Lawyer's in my place are refusing to do the above and they are asking Rs 100 to notarize a single document, so it comes around Rs 1500 for 15 documents....
Other students who have done this please let me know what did your lawyer write on the documents and how much you paid for it...

Thank you...

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
ajosephhh said:

2. Photocopy of, Bank Loan Sanction Letter (Do students usually send original Sanction Letter or photocopy to VFS)

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

his or her name,
his or her signature

Why I am asking is, Lawyer's in my place are refusing to do the above and they are asking Rs 100 to notarize a single document, so it comes around Rs 1500 for 15 documents....
Other students who have done this please let me know what did your lawyer write on the documents and how much you paid for it...

Thank you...
My personal view is that you have to follow the local Canadian visa requirements.
If they don't ask for notarized documents then don't notarize whatever you think.
I suppose that they don't refuse study permit for NOT notarized documents (if of course is not written in official site).
If they need something extra from you then they will inform you.
Don't provide extra documents id it is not required.

Please experts advice here.

But please whatever you say prove it with a link from cic or local visa office and not post something because you read it from a post or somebody wrote it here.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ajosephhh said:

his or her name,
his or her signature

Thank you...

1. If you are from India, you do not need any notarization. It's absolutely not required.

ajosephhh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
enfield said:
Hi,

1. If you are from India, you do not need any notarization. It's absolutely not required.
Yes brother, I am from India...Are you absolutely sure that i do not need any notarization,
cause in the CIC website - "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp#5269E3" - on the
"Guide 5269 - Applying for a Study Permit outside Canada", It's given to get all photocopy of original documents notarized.
But if senior members advice me it's not necessary, then i am happy... Cause Lawyer's behavior here is not good, and i hate to go there again.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

ajosephhh said:
Yes brother, I am from India...Are you absolutely sure that i do not need any notarization,
cause in the CIC website - "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5269ETOC.asp#5269E3" - on the
"Guide 5269 - Applying for a Study Permit outside Canada", It's given to get all photocopy of original documents notarized.
But if senior members advice me it's not necessary, then i am happy... Cause Lawyer's behavior here is not good, and i hate to go there again.

1. You should follow this checklist (India);

Generic http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_20-09-2012.pdf
University http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Delhi_study_permit_1_22.10.12.pdf
SPP http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_09022013.pdf

ajosephhh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
sweet jelly said:
@ ajoseph

it took you how many weeks to receive your LOA
I told you I arranged for courier (TNT courier service).... It takes 3 to 4 days to import and costs around Rs 3000...
And DHL costs you Rs 4100...

ajosephhh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Topic Resolved: Below is the reply I got from VFS

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed, you need to submit only photocopies of the all documents.
Kindly note, if all documents are in English there is no need to be notarized.

Regards,

Anuj
Canada VFS Helpdesk Team

Reactions: ravikumark815

ISHANT60

Jun 28, 2018
I have original plus photocopy of documents, so please tell me its mandatory to notarize documents,

and some agents say you have submitted some affidavit to you can come back to your country,,
plz give answers of my query

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I have original plus photocopy of documents, so please tell me its mandatory to notarize documents,

and some agents say you have submitted some affidavit to you can come back to your country,,
plz give answers of my query
Not necessary. Keep it simple and follow the requirements as they are clearly given on ircc website, the only thing that needs notarization I believe is translations of documents not in English/French.