+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What’s the exact Canadian Equivalency of my WES ECA ?

ocherani

Mar 3, 2024
I just received my ECA results for IRCC from WES, My equivalency result is : Diploma (three years)

However, I’m kinda confused about what this is exactly equivalent to in Canada (like is this equivalent to a bachelor degree or what ?) because in the Education drop-list in Express Entry the only option for a 3 years program available is the:Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute)

• I this the education level that I should be declaring on my Express Entry profile ?
  • I also have a job offer as a User support technician (NOC: 22221) and I would like to know if my ECA is enough to satisfy the Education Requirement for a TEER 2 occupation before applying for the work permit ?

A bit about my ECA Result ——————————————————————————————

Credential : Diplôme de Technicien Supérieur (Diploma of Higher Technician)
Duration of study : 3 years
Year awarded : 2023
Awarded by : Ministry of Training and Professional Education
Major : Computer Science
Canadian Equivalency : Diploma (three years)
—————————————————————————————————————————————

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I just received my ECA results for IRCC from WES, My equivalency result is : Diploma (three years)

However, I’m kinda confused about what this is exactly equivalent to in Canada (like is this equivalent to a bachelor degree or what ?) because in the Education drop-list in Express Entry the only option for a 3 years program available is the:Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute)

• I this the education level that I should be declaring on my Express Entry profile ?
  • I also have a job offer as a User support technician (NOC: 22221) and I would like to know if my ECA is enough to satisfy the Education Requirement for a TEER 2 occupation before applying for the work permit ?

A bit about my ECA Result ——————————————————————————————

Credential : Diplôme de Technicien Supérieur (Diploma of Higher Technician)
Duration of study : 3 years
Year awarded : 2023
Awarded by : Ministry of Training and Professional Education
Major : Computer Science
Canadian Equivalency : Diploma (three years)
—————————————————————————————————————————————
You need to choose diploma as WES equivalency mentions. Three years is duration you need to fill in section "to" and "from".

Reactions: ocherani

ocherani

Mar 3, 2024
these are the only options availabe in the Express Entry form :

- None, or less than secondary (high school)
- Secondary diploma (high school graduation)
- One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
- Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute)
- Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years
- Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (see Help)
- Doctoral level university degree (PhD)