+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

priiy@

Oct 22, 2018
Hi, the WES status changed to "mail sent to university to verification of documents "..I have completed my post graduation from Mumbai university. Anybody has idea where to contact in Mumbai university to know if they have received a mail and ask them to respond. Anyone with same situation could help me out..thanks

prachi16

Oct 31, 2017
Hi guys,

So for my fiance, we received vdr mail .. went pune university, they charged us 165 rs per profession bca and mca.. after they sent the mail the satus changed to i"n process" and now after 5 days they again put tje status "on hold".. i am so confused .. what should we do?? Any body from PU or has faced similar issue??

Reactions: dr vishal

prachi16

Oct 31, 2017
If the status has changed from On hold to In progress then it’s good news. It takes around 2 working days for them to update once institute has send the verification. And don’t bother much about twitter response. I have had many calls/tweets interaction with them and my sense is that they have no clue on what is going on. Remember WES in a non profit organization and giving amazing customer service is the last thing in their agenda.

Our status changed to."in progress" now after 5 days its back to "on hold" status for verification.. this is getting so frustrating.. i dont knoe what to do

sowmya6787

Oct 24, 2018
Hi @DSAdsa , not sure if this is sorted for you or no but vidyarthi vidapeth Bhavan only attests the docs. The verification is done by Kalina University. You need to go to
Marks and certificate unit, 1st floor room no 24
jyotiba rao phule bhavan (examination house)
University of Mumbai, Kalina

Hi Omkar,

Did u visit the university on the above address? Did they send they verification email to wea?Can you please mention the steps?Did u carry any documenta with you? Thanks in advance

sowmya6787

Oct 24, 2018
Hello All,

Just sharing a positive update that my ECA got completed. Before I state the overall timeline, I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU once again to Nishika22 for her constant support. Without her guidance I would not have sailed thru the tricky process of "On-Hold". Thanks to other boarders also who have been writing their experiences that have been really helpful to others who r sailing in the unwanted "no hold" boat..

My ECA Profile changed from "In Progress" to "On- Hold" in last week of Sept. I visited university to confirm whether an email actually reached there and to confirm overall process ( to get an idea if university expects some fees also from me). Faced initial hurdles like no help from univ clerical staff, their insistence on postal copies, asking me to come again! etc. I have already shared these in my earlier message(s).
I persisted and chased them and finally got to confirm that they have received an email. University has couple of email ids and u never know who received the email. Looks like its the Registrar or Controller of exams and may even be the Vice chancellor! This is basically a vdr email.
Next step was to request them to take necessary action(email reply) as soon as possible without any further delay. Even though they thought WES is asking another copy of same documents and were waiting for postal document to arrive. I suggest everyone to be as patient as possible when dealing with your university staff. NOTE:They wont share the email with you and the process is strictly between wes and them. When they finally agreed to write email, my only job was to make them undrstand that the reply should go to the emailid that would be there in the vdr email and that they must include the reference number (again,they will not share this with you). Perhaps the university staff is frustrated with their daily job that they fail to understand how important their reply to WES is!
My profile status changed back to in progress and it was just a matter of time before I saw "No pending action". I wish all the success to all of the members here and wish that those who are still not there yet finally see the evaluatin PDF in the WES login soon.
You work will be done..u just need to be ready to face the univ staff attitudes and mood swings..

Cheers..Have patience and stay calm...
Hi vikas,
Which university are you refering to

Reactions: dr vishal
Oct 5, 2018
WES already verified my documents for my masters from the institute and now they have again asked for verification of my bachelors after it was Accepted. is this normal? verifying both masters and bachelors
In my case too they have asked for the verification of both of my degrees, though they asked it at the same time. So, this seems normal.

Ajay_Aspire

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
How did you contact them? Did you visit directly or you called them?
I went directly and got the contact number of the particular section and then used that number to follow up. They have different sections for each zone. My college is from Madurai zone and i had to find the corresponding division and get their number. Only thing is you need lot of patience because you may lose your cool anytime because of the way the officers respond

At the same time, I should also admit that they were very quick in responding to WES. Whatever delay that happened in my case was because of WES and not the university.

Last edited:

KritikaP1689

Oct 18, 2018
Hello all,
I saw lot of new members here posting their concerns and asking for any advise. I am also sailing in same boat. Initially I was also clueless as to how to approach this baffling situation. But due to timely and prompt responses from star member Nishika22 here I was able to proceed(I can't thank her much!). I wanted to share my own exp. Pls note that I haven't succeeded yet but I am in middle of the stuff! Here are some points that may help the new members here:
1) The institute or university receives the VDR email on the same day as u got that dreaded email (informing u abt ur case on hold) from WES.
2) WES generally sends the VDR email to ur university registrar or controller of exams(COE). They in-turn forward that email to respective results section/branches in the university.
3) You may wait for few days before visiting the university. First step is to get hold of ur VDR email. If possible try checking with PAs of registrar/COE OR u may directly talk to the guy sitting on a PC in results branch. Tell them the date from which onwards they need to check their inbox for any email from WES having VDR in subject line.
4) Your VDR email subject line contains a 10digit unique reference number. This number is made up of ur 7 digit personal wes ref number. WES appends or suffixes 3 extra digits to it.
5) The VDR email includes specific email id on which reply is to be sent. DONT just reply straightway as that will reach auto sender and ur reply will bounce back. Every individual will get a unique email id assigned that may or may not match other's email. DONT USE email ids shared on this thread otherwise u will end up in further trouble! Also when ur university agrees to reply to wesVDR email they must ensure to include the 10 digit reference number in their response.
6) When u finally see ur email residing at ur university people's inbox, u need to request them to reply to that email. This is very tough aspect as they may tell u that they are waiting for postal copy. They may also ask you to deposit a fee once they receive the hard copies from wes. And worst part is..they will not inform u when they got the email or postal order. U have to keep on contacting them after a gap of say..a week or so. In case u find a nice helpful guy who agrees to share his cell number(so that u can call him directly) then u r extremely lucky!. The staff at government universities are the worst lot as they don't easily accept ur deamnd of email reply. Private university people r much much better.
7) If u try WES helpline number, that's also not much help bec they won't tell u the email on which the VDR request was sent NOR they will share the 10 digit reference number. However now u know how the number looks like..rite?;)
8) Stay positive and don't loose hope. At first this appears like an impossible task in hand. Patience is the key here.

I will post again once I have fresh update..all the best...
Dear Vikas,

General question : the email which I received from WES said - "....This is to advise you that WES has sent photocopies of your documents for verification both electronically and by standard postal mail to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Your WES file is on hold until we receive a written response from this institution...". My question is related to the bold line.
In what way does the university reply back to WES? Is it just a confirmation over the email stating verification is okay? or does the university also need to send back the transcript documents back again to WES?

Also, do you know anybody who has faced similar issue whose documents were from the Guru Gobind Singh IP university, Delhi?

KritikaP1689

Oct 18, 2018
Hi All

I'am stuck in the same situation. WES has sent a VDR request to GGSIPU University to verify my BCA documents. For the last 7 days there has been no update from my university.

Has anybody here got his VDR done through GGSIPU? Any assistance on the same would be very helpful.
Hi Rahul,

I am also from GGSIPU university. Did you get any update on your status? or were you able to get in touch with the people at the university?

Thanks.

KritikaP1689

Oct 18, 2018
Hey @Sindhuja Karthikeyan, as @char28 mentions, there are really no fixed timelines.

When my husband faced re-verification on 09June18, it took him only a day after the documents were sent (16June18) to have them accepted (17June18) and only 2 days thereafter to receive his ECA report (19June18). Since then though, the process has become longer and more variable across candidates. Some are getting their status updates in a day or two of sending the documents and for others, the status update could take upto 5 working days. That's for email re-verification. For re-verifications done over snail mail, the process could take from a month to even 7 weeks, as @char28 has pointed out. Finally, the ECA report itself is also taking time for issuance, even if re-verification is done successfully and status updated by WES to documents accepted.

However, if your issuing institution has sent the re-verification response over email, the status update should take no more than 5 working days, if correctly worded and acceptable to WES. For mailed responses, given the variability of snail mail receipts (and with Canada Post currently under labour negotiations), the process can take longer. If your response has already been received by WES and you have confirmation of the same, just hang in there for a total of 5 business days before checking :)
Hi @Nishika22 - question regarding your statement in the response above: "However, if your issuing institution has sent the re-verification response over email, the status update should take no more than 5 working days, if correctly worded and acceptable to WES. "
Can you please suggest what should be the appropriate response and what all details should be present within the response?
Please reply. Thanks.

Reactions: Nishika22

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
@Nishika22...thank you so much for your the help....it meant a lot. How long does WES takes for update the status once they have received the reply.Do you have any idea on it.
Hi Sindhuja,

Which phone number did you use to contact Anna University? My WES Evaluation is also on hold since Oct 18th and there has been no updates yet.

Can you please guide me through what to do to get this moving forward? I graduated from an affiliated college from Chennai under Anna University.

In my case, they are waiting for verification on my Degree Certificate as well as my Statement of Marks | transcripts. Was yours the same?

Thanks!

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi @Nishika22 - question regarding your statement in the response above: "However, if your issuing institution has sent the re-verification response over email, the status update should take no more than 5 working days, if correctly worded and acceptable to WES. "
Can you please suggest what should be the appropriate response and what all details should be present within the response?
Please reply. Thanks.
I’m looping you in on a private conversation where the sample email from WES to the issuing institution and the recommended response are shared. Cheers! :)

Reactions: KritikaP1689