5 Ojo Igbede Road,
Alaba International Market
Lagos.
18th April 2016

The Canadian High Commission,
42 Independence Avenue,
Accra, Ghana.

STUDY PLAN/LETTER OF PURPOSE
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my reasons regarding my study and future prospect. I have a degree in Mass Communication from one of the top universities in Nigeria; please find attached Notification of result and transcript as proof.
Having the opportunity to pursue Diploma in International Business in Canada will be a dream come true in my life. I will have the wonderful chance to lay a strong foundation for my career as I am sure that after studying, I will possess better managerial skills and a successful career back home.
My father has spent all his life building his property/estates business, and now needs one of his children (which I happen to be the chosen one) to succeed and manage it. I had to carefully analyze it before I agreed to take up this responsibility upon completion of my business study.
There comes a point in everyone’s life when he has to make decisions about life and career, as I am on the threshold of choosing my career, I have chosen to train
Myself in the business area as I have always had passion to manage my father’s property/estates business to an International Standard with the knowledge and experience I would gain during my study time.
Upon completion of my study in Canada, I must return home to Nigeria to take up the responsibility of managing my father’s property/estates business. I would have gone into managing it directly, but i insisted that I acquire this business skills necessary to fully and functionally handle the challenges that the current property/estates business face, and also to equip me with all I need to standardize my father’s property/estates business to the current international level.
My father was recently appointed a Traditional ruler of my village and he is turn between business retirement and discharging his traditional rulership duties to his people. He currently spends only little time on business issues which he hopes to totally relinquish by handing over to me on my return after I complete my studies.
My Brothers on the other hand are not interested in my father’s property/estates business as they are busy running their own business (pursing their own careers and studying).
As a son of a traditional ruler I owe it a duty and responsibility to be home by my father’s side every year for some traditional festivals and anniversaries. This entails that I will be visiting home at times even during my school year to fulfill my traditional obligations, and will finally return home after my studies to fully take over the pivotal managerial role of my father’s property/estates business. Please find attached proof of my father’s Certificate of Office as Traditional Ruler (Certificate of Recognition) and also pictures of his coronation ceremony.
The reason I choose Canada as a country of study is that the culture of Canada is very diverse and vibrant, it is peaceful, safe and also a wonderful country where different race and culture are well respected and learning together is very encouraged.
It is noteworthy, that the tuition fees in Canada are friendly and very affordable; including living expenses, which is also favourable when, compared to other countries with the same level of educational quality.
I sincerely feel Canada will help my career path, deepen my expertise, accentuate my business skills by not limiting it locally but also internationally, giving me that needed flavor and edge, sharpen my perspective to the business world and to take my father’s property/estates business to a greater height. Document of his property/estates business and land tax receipt (land use charge) are also attached as proof.
I have also attached the following documents to show;
1. CIC refusal letter from my previous application.
2. Admission offer letter issued by Seneca College, Canada.
3. Proof of receipt of one-year school fees payment issued by Seneca College, Canada
4. My international passport/ travelling document.
5. Financial proof (statement of account of my sponsor) and also proof of relation.
6. Affidavit of sponsorship
7. Father, Mother and Brothers Photo I.D Card, passport Bio data pages and Local Government Identification Certificate/kindred)
8. Affidavit from the court that I will return home immediately after my studies
9. Certificate of occupancy/ownership of my father’s property/estates, and land tax (Landuse Charge) payment to Lagos State Government for the property.
10. Property valuation Certificate of one of the buildings located within my father’s property/estate.
11. Tenancy agreement between my father (Landlord) and MTN Communications Nigeria (Tenant) for a part-portion of my father’s property/estates.
12. A letter from my Father confirming my purpose of study and return, to take up his property/estate business.
13. Police Character Certificate
14. Proof of Medical which was carried out by CIC certified doctor.
15. Visa page of my brother’s passport and MBA certificate from Coventry University (United Kimgdom). He returned after his study and is currently running his own business.
I have a strong family ties here in Nigeria, as all my family members currently reside in Nigeria. I do not have any intention of abandoning my lovely family and absconding to a foreign country forever. My intention to travel to Canada is solely and wholly due to my study, which I must return to my lovely family after my study in Canada.
I hope you will understand my interest and give me the chance to study and gain these vital skills and experience I need for my future tasks ahead.
Thank you

Sign: ………………..
Ochudo Chuka Tobi

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Everyone knows canada is diverse, canada has good educational institutions blah blah blah. Thats not what the VO's or anyone reading an SOP wants to hear. You need to talk about your qualifications/experiences and why you have chosen a certain uni and course and how is that particular uni/course going to help you in the future. What is this business that you want to handle, what does it deal with...those are the details you need to mention. An important rule of thumb, do not make it generic. The more generic the more fake it looks. Good luck.

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
was it online? No point discussing if the application is already submitted. Good luck, let us know of the outcome :)