+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to apply Visit Visa for mother and sister without 730 days

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Hi

Just want to know I myself so far not have 730 days in last five years in Canada, but I want to apply for my mother and sister visit Visa. Is this safe for me, my 730 days in last five years would complete in August 2013.

My wife has 2 1/2 years in last five years in Canada, how likely she has chances as compare to me to get favorable decision for my mother and sisters visit visa, if she apply in place of me.

Please reply

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you are residing in Canada and you are still PR, I don't think not meeting the residency obligation has any affect on your ability to invite your sis and mom to visit Canada.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasher said:
Hi

Just want to know I myself so far not have 730 days in last five years in Canada, but I want to apply for my mother and sister visit Visa. Is this safe for me, my 730 days in last five years would complete in August 2013.

My wife has 2 1/2 years in last five years in Canada, how likely she has chances as compare to me to get favorable decision for my mother and sisters visit visa, if she apply in place of me.

Please reply
The visa officer will want to ensure your mother and sister are bonafide visitors who will return home after their visit. What ties will compel them to go back home e.g employment, mortgage etc? That you are a PR is helpful in that it shows they are visiting someone legally in Canada but in itself will not overcome any concerns on the ties issue. I concur that as a Residency Obligation is not carried out when you are inviting family the shortfall in days is likely not going to be an issue.