+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting too long for oath after test

temp4me

Aug 13, 2011
My wife finished writing the test in early Apr, and now it's Aug, and we are still waiting, no any notice for RQ, judge hearing at all. She made a phone call to call center, they said keep waiting, it'll take up to 6 monthes.

Due to the bad economy, I lost my job in Vancouver, and started working in US from Feb 2010, and my wife sent in her application in Feb 2010. My wife and my kid came to join me in US on Jul 30 2010. Our status in US is temporary, the visa is for temporary work permit too.

Please help me understand what could have gone wrong? People who wrote the test around the same time or later have already finished their oath, but we are still waiting... waiting ...

BTW, we both used to have stable jobs in well-known companies in Vancouver, and only had limited oversea trips (once per year); I finished my application 6 years ago, it only took half year for everything.

dnschan

Aug 13, 2011
Where are you applying?

I applied in Vancouver at the end of 2009, then took examine in 2011 Mar, and took the oath in 2011 Jun. Seems everything OK. So totally completed in 18 months, not too bad to me.

Good luck.