+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting for the work permit - question

PL

Oct 21, 2013
Hi,

I have a question about my temporary work permit.

I come from Spain and arrived in Canada on a Working Holiday Visa which expires on Friday Oct 25, 2013.
I got a job related to my backround and in June 2013 I applied for a Young Professional Visa and got a possitive answer - I didn´t activate it since my Working Holiday Visa was still valid. I have just the letter confirming that I am entitled to enter Canada and get another one year work permit.

In August 2013 my company applied for an LMO so that I could get a better work permit related to my job. They got a positive answer, so I applied for a Work Permit related to my company.
Now I am still waiting for the answer from CIC about that visa and I know I am allowed to stay in Canada while I am waiting for a decision (implied status).

However, my question is:

- Because I have the letter with a positive answer about my Young Professsional Visa, do I need to go to the border and activate that one while I am waiting for the desicion about my Work Permit related to my curent employer? Or should I just wait for the answer about my company work permit and forget about my Young Professional Visa?

I think I am just ok waiting for the answer, since the Young Professional Visa is a Visa from outside Canada, but still I am not sure and I want to avoid any problem at the border when I go to activate my new work permit - Maybe there is a problem if they see that I have the possitive answer for the Young Professional Visa and I didn´t activate it?

Thank you so much for your help.