+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Waiting for PR Card after landing - add your case here

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
BK11 said:
They said your file is due and they see no reason for this delay. They put a note today and cant do anything to process it urgently. The guy said its not in their hands to process it, they can only put a note. He asked me to wait another 45 days to get it. This is so ridiculous. :mad:
I suggest you to call CIC again and see what they say now..

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
I called again and they said your case is in process and u ll receive it by 9th Dec. I dont know what the truth is? :-X

ceclmo777 said:
I suggest you to call CIC again and see what they say now..

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
BK11 said:
I called again and they said your case is in process and u ll receive it by 9th Dec. I dont know what the truth is? :-X
This is the problem with CIC...they dont give consistent information...Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do but wait...I can understand the frustration you are going through. :(

Btw, are you travelling to India?

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Yes, I am travelling to India and I am planning to postpone my trip due to this S*** coz i dont want to take any risk with my PR. Any worst case if they dont issue me travelling document then? So, I will stay here until i get my card.

ceclmo777 said:
This is the problem with CIC...they dont give consistent information...Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do but wait...I can understand the frustration you are going through. :(

Btw, are you travelling to India?

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
BK11 said:
Yes, I am travelling to India and I am planning to postpone my trip due to this S*** coz i dont want to take any risk with my PR. Any worst case if they dont issue me travelling document then? So, I will stay here until i get my card.
There should be any issue getting a travel document. I did a lot of research already and also checked with lot of forum members about the same. But at the end of the day, its your call.

demara

Mar 26, 2013
Had a short conversation with CIC operator, said that it's been 51 days since landing and that I was told last week that my card should be ready by 27th of november, so i decided to check if it's dispatched. Well, he didnt sound friendly.. Nothing is done, nothing is hapenning and unknown when it will be finalized.
I still hope i will get the card within next 2 weeks, i need it for the trip in December...

BK11

Aug 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Nomination.....
20-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
Med's Request
Done already
Med's Done....
13-03-2015
Hi,

I have called CIC agents many times and everytime I got different answer. Some said you will get it by Dec 6th, other said by Dec 9th, and the last one said that your file is due and they have not started to process it yet. Also, I asked agent to check if they require anything like photos or something else, but he said everything is fine. You have to wait since its in process and they cannot do anything.These agents cannot help us in getting the processing faster then why we should we call them? So, what I have done is faxed the IMM 5451 form to the PR card processing centre. I explained in the form that I have already exceeded the normal processing time and I have my trip scheduled on Dec 6th to India. Please provide me the PR card asap. Lets c how it goes!! :mad:

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
chicka said:
I bet this Thursday the time will go up to 51 days
I did my landing last saturday and the agent at the border said its taking 8 weeks for a new card now. :(

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
I think CBSA is just telling you the standard processing times - six to eight weeks. It's not the current processing time posted on CIC website.

demara

Mar 26, 2013
chicka said:
Did you ask if everything was good with your app?like photos for example?
Yes i asked them both times, and they said we dont see any note about that, so far no problems. So it doesnt really help. It can just mean that they never touched my file..