+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

waiting abroad for my pr renewal can my wife sponsor my return to canada

gass 1

Aug 21, 2012
Hi
I applied for my renewal card eight month ago,my application is at the local office since july 2012,I should travel outside canada for a business trip and my pr card will be expired in few days,my question is :
1)my wife is living in canada and my child is at school,is it a good argument for the embassy abroad to give me the pr travel document as long my family depends on me?
2)in case they reject my demand to have a return visa is there any way to return back to canada ? to join my family and my business too.
3)is there any possibility to contact the local office and ask them about the date of delivering my pr renewal card .
appreciating your help

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best argument to get a travel document to go back is that you meet the residency requirements of having stayed in Canada at least 730 days in the past 5 years. If you go on the business trip, before you go, get a letter from your employer stating that you have been working for them in Canada full time starting from date x until present. Show that when you apply for the travel document. It should prove that you are in Canada long enough to hold a full time job anyway.

gass 1

Aug 21, 2012
Thank you Leon,
I am the chairman of the company,I paid my taxes continuously since 2008 should i take with me all these documents to prove my residency requirements to the embassy?
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it your own company? Then of course it is not a good proof of you having lived in Canada because as the chairman of the company, you can write your own employment letter saying whatever you want it to. However, try to think of something else you can take copies of to prove your residency.