+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait time for work permit after eligibility interview

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
My update on the interview: it was pretty basic in terms of the questions. The objective of the interview is to see whether your application should be sent to the Review board who I presume will conduct your hearing and make the final decision to acknowledge you as a convention refugee.
Most of the questions asked were clarifying questions in regards to my application. There were no questions asked in regards to why I am applying for refugee convention.

Once the interview was done, the interviewee said I will hear from them in 9-10 days in regards to the procedure of hearing but gave no info on the actual date for the hearing. She said that Is yet to be determined. She also said that I will probably hear about my work permit in three to four weeks.
So that’s about it.
basic as they ask about you or about your story etc?

Jamie90

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
My update on the interview: it was pretty basic in terms of the questions. The objective of the interview is to see whether your application should be sent to the Review board who I presume will conduct your hearing and make the final decision to acknowledge you as a convention refugee.
Most of the questions asked were clarifying questions in regards to my application. There were no questions asked in regards to why I am applying for refugee convention.

Once the interview was done, the interviewee said I will hear from them in 9-10 days in regards to the procedure of hearing but gave no info on the actual date for the hearing. She said that Is yet to be determined. She also said that I will probably hear about my work permit in three to four weeks.
So that’s about it.
Hi did you do you interview online? did you receive any other update?
Thanks

AlanThomas@S4M

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021

So that’s about it.
Did you receive the Refugee claimant document on the same day of the interview or are you waiting for the documents? I'm sorry, I know that they will give the documents on that day itself, but just wanted to make sure if there are any changes due to the pandemic.

Dudebear

Apr 29, 2021

So that’s about it.
Please did you submit passport photos at the eligibility interview?