+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor wanting to get Study or Work Permit!

aali8888

Oct 15, 2013
Hi,

I am currently visiting my uncle and family in Canada(Toronto) on a Visitor Visa. I really like the place and I got interested in perusing my future studies in Canada which can later lead me to work permit and then PR.

I am interested in getting a Study Permit and need some assistance going forward with this process.

Background on me
1. Came on a Visitor Visa in October 2013
2. Current Visitor Visa is valid through to November 2016(approx. 3years)
3. Passport Valid till 2017
4. I have recently completed Bachelor in Computer Science with Double Major in Software Engineering & Information Technology(June 2013) from a well renowned university in Pakistan.
5. I am sure I can easily enroll in a Post Graduate Diploma because of my past education Master's may be difficult due to tough criteria.
7. I have a valid 5 years US Visit Visa as well which expires in 2017.
8. I am a Pakistani Citizen

I am unclear about what application process Im allowed to follow and all of them seem to have different processing timelines.
Im aware that being on a Temporary Resident Visa which is Valid for more then 6 months I can apply from within Canada or
Apply outside Canada from USA or Pakistan for a study permit.

1. Should I get into a Post Graduate Diploma or a Masters Program which can lead me to Work Permit later and getting a Study permit successfully for now? But I need to consider the expense and job opportunity in mind.
2. Which Courses or type of study I should go for which can help with job. I have an IT background in Bachelor but I want to take marketing or business studies in future(marketing of post graduate diploma).
3. Suggest the Institutes?
4. Can I directly get a work permit while being a visitor?
5. Should I go back to Pakistan/USA and Apply or Apply from within Canada for a study permit?
6. Can a 1 year Post Graduate Diploma help me get work permit?
7. Any post graduate diploma whose duration is around 6 months as I can take it even without a study permit and which can lead me to a work permit directly?

Kindly also give me other useful details which can be of help in my case? I shall be extremely thankful.

Lara_K79

Sep 19, 2013
Hi, my sister applied for her Study Visa thru Los Angeles, while being in Canada visiting me. she got refused. not satisfied officer that she will go back home because of family ties. Make sure you provide strong evidence that you will go back home.

aali8888

Oct 15, 2013
Ok if i go back to pak and then apply is that better? Secondly just me good areas of studies for PGD.

Lara_K79

Sep 19, 2013
I am not sure, if being here is Canada was the strong reason to reject, however make sure you attach all necessary documents to convince that you will go back. I think when people have relatives in Canada, that makes officers feel that those people will stay here in Canada.