+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Online Submission - No Application Number?

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
1st time poster, I have been monitoring these forums for a while and notice that many questions keeps popping up regarding visitor visa online applications and no application number assigned to application.

My story is as follow:

I have applied for a visitor visa online, uploaded the ridiculous amounts of documents required, carefully scrutinized each and everyone of them and I can confirm my visa application is 100% correct / complete to the last letter.

NO APPLICATION NUMBER IN CIC Online Dashboard

So after uploading my docs I paid the $100 via credit card and the transaction went through instantly, with me receiving a confirmation email at the same time. (Quick to take money slow to respond to queries...)

Email was an automated standardized email reading as follow:

MY PROBLEM / CONCERN / WORRY

When I logon to the online visa application tracker, on the CIC website (Canada Imigration And Citizenship)

My dashboard looks as follows for my submitted online application .

Notice how there is NO application number showing...? Is this normal?

I would have thought that just like the automated payment email generated an auto payment receipt number, so to would an application number automatically get assigned to your application (as the primary key) you know so you can provide this for inquiries and what not.

QUESTIONS

1. Has anyone ever experienced something similar, or gone through the online application process? If yes can you be so kind to provide us with some info?
  2. Is it normal NOT to have an application number after 4-days?
  3. I have submitted the online application last Friday, 18 Aug 17. Does anyone know if weekends count towards "the number of application / processing days?" Currently the estimated processing time is 24-days for visitor visa from my country?
  4. Should I be worried and try to intervene by cancelling and re-applying or something similar?

Any Tips for myself and others with same concern much appreciated! A DESPERATE PLEA FOR HELP!

**Additional Info**

My nationality is South African thus I require no bio-metrics or health reports.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
In the past it used to be issued next day ,these days it is completely normal , you will get it very soon. From their website:
Online applications: After we receive your application, it may take up to 5 days for you to see it in your account. We are working to make this wait time shorter. If your application does not appear after 5 days, contact us and report a technical problem. This issue will not delay processing of your application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
After we receive your application, it may take up to 5 days for you to see it in your account. We are working to make this wait time shorter. If your application does not appear after 5 days, contact us and report a technical problem. This issue will not delay processing of your application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
Thank you for your reply, Im just curious do you think 5-days means 5 business days or 5-days including weekends...?

Today it is 5 days but dont want to file / report / open an necessary case.

Also Im flying on 22-September and I dont have a date change option for my ticket. Currently the average processing time says 24-days....

If you had to take a guess assuming all paper work is in order do you think I will get visa in time...even with this lack of application number problem?
Seriously stressed, desperate plea for advise

k_king

Aug 23, 2017
I am having the same issue. I submitted Aug 21st and waiting on application number but as per the reply already they are aware of the technical problem.

I need biometrics and have not received instruction letter. Any idea how long I should wait for this?

Thanks in advance

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
If you had to take a guess assuming all paper work is in order do you think I will get visa in time...even with this lack of application number problem?
If you do not receive the number by the end of today , you need to submit an enquiry using the web form. I did wait for 4 days then I submitted an enquiry and got it assigned next day.
They said this won't delay your application processing , but you are under a tight schedule my friend!
Where did you apply from and did you check the processing time?

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
I need biometrics and have not received instruction letter. Any idea how long I should wait for this?
You need to wait 5 days as they said , the biometric letter won't show in your account until they assign you an application number.

k_king

Aug 23, 2017
You need to wait 5 days as they said , the biometric letter won't show in your account until they assign you an application number.
Thank you very much. I will wait till Friday and see. I applied from Ireland and processing time is 6 days but this does not include transit time when I send my passport to a processing center in London. We have no VAC office in Ireland so must travel to give biometrics, then come back and post the passport to VAC. My travel is close to the original posters date so finger crossed.

Thanks again for the feedback

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Thank you very much. I will wait till Friday and see. I applied from Ireland and processing time is 6 days but this does not include transit time when I send my passport to a processing center in London. We have no VAC office in Ireland so must travel to give biometrics, then come back and post the passport to VAC. My travel is close to the original posters date so finger crossed.

Thanks again for the feedback
Great . Good Luck.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
then come back and post the passport to VAC.
You may submit your passport along with the biometric - If you do not need it - to avoid traveling twice and you may ask them to courier it back to Ireland (charges apply) unless it is easy for you to travel to London. Since processing time is 6 days , you will be fine, it may take longer though.

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
If you do not receive the number by the end of today , you need to submit an enquiry using the web form. I did wait for 4 days then I submitted an enquiry and got it assigned next day.
They said this won't delay your application processing , but you are under a tight schedule my friend!
Where did you apply from and did you check the processing time?
Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated. Applied from Thailand as mentioned processing time says 24-days. Thus, when I submitted on 18-Aug I thought it would be more than enough time for 22-September flight...but apparently it looks like it is not that easy.

I guess the million dollar question for me is, when they talk about average processing time (in my case 24-days) is it 24-business days i.e Mon - Fri or does weekends count aswell....

QUESTION:
Do you submit the 5-day notice in your dashboard as a technical problem, or from the 5-day notice message which is on the homepage, with a link contact us...? Unsure which one to file notice under.

Additional Info:
I literally live next to the VAC center, which is where your visa gets issued right...? So guess that can shave of some time, hopefully!
Many Thanks

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
QUESTION:
Do you submit the 5-day notice in your dashboard as a technical problem, or from the 5-day notice message which is on the homepage, with a link contact us...? Unsure which one to file notice under.

Additional Info:
I literally live next to the VAC center, which is where your visa gets issued right...? So guess that can shave of some time, hopefully!
Many Thanks
Just use the web form to submit case enquiry (not the technical issue link) , this what I used.
The VAC center doesn't issue the Visa , they will take your passport when you get approved , courier it to the Canadian embassy and then back to you.
It's not clear whether it's business days or calendar days(most probable). Processing times vary but within +/- (1 to 10 days) from the specified time , some times longer. I've seen cases approved in 11 calendar days when the processing time was 26 days and others in 38 days when the processing time was 26 days(India). There is no rule !
Good Luck.

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Just use the web form to submit case enquiry (not the technical issue link) , this what I used.
The VAC center doesn't issue the Visa , they will take your passport when you get approved , courier it to the Canadian embassy and then back to you.
It's not clear whether it's business days or calendar days(most probable). Processing times vary but within +/- (1 to 10 days) from the specified time , some times longer. I've seen cases approved in 11 calendar days when the processing time was 26 days and others within 38 days when the processing time was 28 days. There is no rule !
Good Luck.
Much appreciated, thank you so much for your help. One more question if you dont mind...can I take my passport to the Canadian embassy myself, as that is also walking distance from me. (That's assuming I get this VISA, with due respect it feels like Somalia's immigration website is more user friendly than the Canadian site, which is info overload with many instructions confusing and contradicting. I just want to go visit the bloody country for 12-days come on, surely they could be a little more welcoming!)