28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Bryanna,

I got to know that I cannot apply for the super Visa of my mother till I spent 1 year living in Canada as a permanent resident.
Please confirm if this is true..

Thanks
Kiran
No - not true.

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
Hi Bryanna,

Had a couple of more questions.Please help.

>Do I need to attach return ticket for my mom's application??Or is it ok to submit the application without the ticket
>Also do I need to attach the health insurance document for my mom
>My brother has a health insurance in US from his university..Is that ok to attach ..or do I need to buy insurance for him for canada for his Visit as well.He will be staying in canada for a week only and has a return ticket.

Thanks for the help

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
>Do I need to attach return ticket for my mom's application??Or is it ok to submit the application without the ticket
No, you can include provisional bookings. Do not buy flight tickets until the TRV is issued.

>Also do I need to attach the health insurance document for my mom
You can include a copy of an overseas travel medical insurance policy. It's not mandatory for a TRV but nonetheless it's a good idea.

>My brother has a health insurance in US from his university..Is that ok to attach ..or do I need to buy insurance for him for canada for his Visit as well.He will be staying in canada for a week only and has a return ticket.
You don't need to buy insurance for him

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
No, you can include provisional bookings. Do not buy flight tickets until the TRV is issued.

You can include a copy of an overseas travel medical insurance policy. It's not mandatory for a TRV but nonetheless it's a good idea.

You don't need to buy insurance for him

Thanks Bryaana,
Have one more question.

Although I know LICO is not an issue in TRV but just need to confirm from you on below points.

1. SHould I mention in both the invitation letters(one for my mother and one for my brother) about both of them visiting at the same time or not.
2.Also since me and my husband are both living in the address I am providing and he is employed and I am not..Shall I include his name as the invitee too and put we instead of I and have this letter SIgned from him as well.
Or just mentioned my details are fine.

Asking 2nd question as CIC guidelines about invitation letter asks invitee to mention their Job title and I am unemployed at the moment but my Husband is..Should I mention this explicity that I am unemployed and he is...Please confirm

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. SHould I mention in both the invitation letters(one for my mother and one for my brother) about both of them visiting at the same time or not.
Separate invitation letters. Also, the duration of each applicant's visit is different.

2.Also since me and my husband are both living in the address I am providing and he is employed and I am not..Shall I include his name as the invitee too and put we instead of I and have this letter SIgned from him as well.
Or just mentioned my details are fine.
He can co-invite/co-sign the invitation letters.

You must provide your husband's details also as Co-Inviter in the invitation letter (Name, Address, Date of Birth, Nationality, Passport Number, PR Card Number, Employment, Relationship to applicant).

You need to include copies of you and your husband's passports + PR cards + marriage certificate + bank statement + his NOA.

Asking 2nd question as CIC guidelines about invitation letter asks invitee to mention their Job title and I am unemployed at the moment but my Husband is..Should I mention this explicity that I am unemployed and he is...Please confirm
Why would you want to say this? The answer is No. The IRCC guidelines are just that: Guidelines.

IRCC is more interested in an applicant's employment and financial abilities, not yours

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
Separate invitation letters. Also, the duration of each applicant's visit is different.

He can co-invite/co-sign the invitation letters.

You must provide your husband's details also as Co-Inviter in the invitation letter (Name, Address, Date of Birth, Nationality, Passport Number, PR Card Number, Employment, Relationship to applicant).

You need to include copies of you and your husband's passports + PR cards + marriage certificate + bank statement + his NOA.

Why would you want to say this? The answer is No. The IRCC guidelines are just that: Guidelines.

IRCC is more interested in an applicant's employment and financial abilities, not yours

About second point...We dont have NOA for my husband as of yet...He has started his job a week back...All we have is his Offer letter which mentions his yearly salary and benefits...Would that work???Please confirm

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wait for a few weeks before they apply. You can then include 1-2 pay slips. An offer letter does not prove that he is actually employed.

If the invitation letter states that you will provide for accommodation, travel and living expenses then you must include your bank statements. Hope you have a reasonable bank balance for this

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
Wait for a few weeks before they apply. You can then include 1-2 pay slips. An offer letter does not prove that he is actually employed.

If the invitation letter states that you will provide for accommodation, travel and living expenses then you must include your bank statements. Hope you have a reasonable bank balance for this
Actually waiting is little difficult because my brother is coming in summer vacation.So both my mother and brother have good balance in their name and I am mentioning in the invitation letter that they will be covering their own expenses and if required I will help.

Now my brother has savings and he is working on campus(Letter from employer and pay slips are in place)
My mother is retired and recieves pension(Documents are in place) and has good savings in bank+ we are showing J form for agriculture income which is in her name.

I have good amount of balance in my name in Canada which I will be attaching as well.
The only issue I see is that we have just moved to Canada ,like one month back and I dont have a job but my husband has.
Hope this is not an issue as a overall case.Just want to make sure that all this is no issue ...

Want the applications to be perfect as we dont have time to reapply.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You could be risking refusals for host finances + purpose of visit. I still recommend that you wait until your husband gets 1-2 pay stubs because an offer of employment does not prove actual employment.

It could incorrectly indicate like your mom and brother are also moving to Canada with you

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
No but both my mother and brother have enough funds in their name to support their visit..
This is just additional that we are giving.

Also I am attaching Property and agricultural documents and University and Job documents for my brother to show their connection in the current country of stay.

Please help me understand how this would be a risk...

Sorry for bothering with so many questions:)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As you've moved to Canada about a month ago, to a visa officer, it would incorrectly imply that your mom and brother are moving to Canada to be with you long-term.

Your mom does not have any active ties to make her return to India by a specific date. For example, she is not employed/she is not managing a business/she is not actively involved in the day-to-day agriculture work.

With you, your husband and children (??) in Canada + your mom and your brother (both want to visit simultaneously) their family ties to Canada will outweigh those to India/the US.

Also, the invitation letter states that you will provide for accommodation, etc = you must prove some active income (Read: salary). An offer of employment does no good. Your husband's pay stubs/bank statement wouldn't have mattered if your mom was planning to live in a hotel (and pay for it herself)

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
As you've moved to Canada about a month ago, to a visa officer, it would incorrectly imply that your mom and brother are moving to Canada to be with you long-term.

Your mom does not have any active ties to make her return to India by a specific date. For example, she is not employed/she is not managing a business/she is not actively involved in the day-to-day agriculture work.

With you, your husband and children (??) in Canada + your mom and your brother (both want to visit simultaneously) their family ties to Canada will outweigh those to India/the US.

Also, the invitation letter states that you will provide for accommodation, etc = you must prove some active income (Read: salary). An offer of employment does no good. Your husband's pay stubs/bank statement wouldn't have mattered if your mom was planning to live in a hotel (and pay for it herself)
Okay..Getting your point..

So would just one Pay Stub of my husband work??BTW we have no children
Rest we are all good with the way we are putting the application together right?
Please confirm....

kiran16861

May 23, 2017
Sure...

One question...

What if we attach the provisional hotel bookings for both because Pay stub will take another one week.
Please confirm in that case would it be ok to just attach my husband's job offer letter