chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife
Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate if someone can help me out with my brother's visa. I am on work permit and working in IT. I want my brother and mom to visit me in December. My mom already has Canada visa and she is Government employee.
My brother is working for an IT company but he has not saved much. So, I am thinking of writing a financial letter of support from my mother. Would that be fine?
My mother is his responsibility in terms of emotional and other support so he has to go back after the intended stay.
I have attached my bank statements and my mom's (joint account with brother) bank statements with total of $22000.
Also my brother is going to attach his salary slips and leave of absence from his company.

Can you guys help me if I am missing anything?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate if someone can help me out with my brother's visa. I am on work permit and working in IT. I want my brother and mom to visit me in December. My mom already has Canada visa and she is Government employee.
My brother is working for an IT company but he has not saved much. So, I am thinking of writing a financial letter of support from my mother. Would that be fine?
My mother is his responsibility in terms of emotional and other support so he has to go back after the intended stay.
I have attached my bank statements and my mom's (joint account with brother) bank statements with total of $22000.
Also my brother is going to attach his salary slips and leave of absence from his company.

Can you guys help me if I am missing anything?
Hi,

1. How long do they intend to visit?

2. Is this the first employment/job for your brother? How long has he been working at his current employment?

3. Does your brother earn reasonably well even if he has not saved up? How much funds can your brother prove of his own?

4. Does your brother have a joint bank account with your mom? Does he have any financial investments?

5. Can your brother prove that he must return by a specific date for some work-related reason, such as training/ project completion/ etc?

6. Can your mom prove that she must return home by a specific date? For example, a wedding in the immediate family, work-related reason, employment benefits, etc?

Cheers

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your quick reply. Below are the answers to your questions:

1. He will be staying for 3 weeks

2. It is his second job and working since 2015. He is also working as a web developer free lancer on upwork and attaching earning certificate ($4000 USD) for year 2017.

3. He is making Rs. 292000 per year. He takes care of house expenses so he didn't save enough.

4. Yes he has joint account with my mom with $4000. My mom also has some other savings worth around $3000.

5. He is attaching leave of absence approved by the company on company's letterhead. He has to come back as my mother won't be living alone in India as my father expired in 2004. So someone needs to be with her.

6. Yes my mom is a govt. Emplyee and she already has a visa. She came to Canada last year and went back after a month. So yes she can prove that she will return back. And we will be also attaching financial support from my mother for my brother's travel. However, I will take care of all their expenses in Canada. I will be showing $15000 with a job offer letter and pay stubs.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
@Bryanna
Can you please reply? My brother is going to VFS today

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
Can you please reply? My brother is going to VFS today
Please do not rush. Stop.

IMO, it is better to prepare a solid application instead of rushing to VFS with an application that has gaps/lacks critical evidence.

IMHO, your brother has a weak application + his salary is on the low side which could negatively affect the assessment for his employment prospects. I suggest that you must work hard and prepare the paperwork properly even if it takes a few more days to apply.

Purpose of visit:
Your brother must prepare a detailed day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates. Do keep his visit to 2-2.5 weeks max, preferably timed around the Christmas/New Year holidays.... and mention that he is able to take time off work at that time due to this.

He must prove he can pay for this itinerary + airfare without depending on you. Your invitation letter would cover accommodation, travel and living expenses but that's about it.

Employment:
His employment letter + leave approval letter from a specific to a specific date (max. 2-2.5 weeks) which states he will have his job when he returns + 6 months salary slips + 6 months bank statements to confirm his salary + 2 years ITRs + 1-2 reasons with evidence that he must return to his employment by a specific date (training/project work, etc)

Web developer:
Business registration/proofs that he is working as a web developer (this freelancing can work against him because it means he can work anywhere in the world.... so he needs to prove that he must return to India for some project completion/potential new projects/client meetings, etc) + 6 month's bank statements (hopefully, business bank account, not personal account) which proves client payments + 2 years ITRs which proves he also earns from the web development work + 2-3 Client Purchase Orders/Works Contracts + 2-3 Invoices issued by him + Company profile, including contact information of clients (in case IRCC would like to check)

Also:
1. Include evidence that he pays for the home expenses (utility bills, rent, medicals, insurance, etc). Highlight these transactions on his bank statement

2. Does he have credit cards (not debit cards)? If yes, do include these credit cards + 2-3 months credit card statements if the outstanding is low

3. Does he have financial investments like FDs, RDs, shares, mutual funds, etc? Either sole or jointly with your mom?

4. Your brother must not say that he must return because your mom cannot live alone in India. He must prove that he must return for his work (employment and web development work).

5. He can include the 6 months bank statement of the joint account from your mom + a letter issued by the bank which states the names of the account holders/since when + a Letter of Financial Support from your mom that your brother can use the funds in that joint bank account for his visit

6. Have you booked tickets (refundable/date change allowed) for your mom? If yes, you can include it + provisional (NOT confirmed flight bookings) for your brother for the same flight dates

7. Include an NOC/leave approval letter from your mom's employer for XX to XX date = Must match her refundable flight tickets = Must match the intended visit dates for your brother

8. Include 1-2 must-return-by-a-specific date reasons for your mom with evidence

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
@Bryanna Thanks for the reply.
However, my brother already applied. Now fingures crossed. Just wish me good luck. Really you are very helpfull. I hope he will get his visa. Will keep you update.

Thanks again!

ravilkharya

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
@Bryanna Thanks for the reply.
However, my brother already applied. Now fingures crossed. Just wish me good luck. Really you are very helpfull. I hope he will get his visa. Will keep you update.

Thanks again!
Hi Prateek,

I had read your post. Did your brother got the visa ?

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Yes .He got 10 year multiple visa
Hi Parteek can you please message me I need some help in regards to the visitor visa application.