+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa applied in India

Pratik6602

Apr 25, 2018
Hi,
I applied for my visitor visa on 9th April n it got accepted on 10th April.. but 15 days since then it's still under processing. I'm not sure if I can travel on 17th May as planned. Please suggest someone if I should shift dates of my travel??

Another query that I had was if we are being issued a single entry or multiple entry visitor visa?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I applied for my visitor visa on 9th April n it got accepted on 10th April.. but 15 days since then it's still under processing. I'm not sure if I can travel on 17th May as planned. Please suggest someone if I should shift dates of my travel??
A very common bit of advice: Never book tickets in advance until a visa is granted.

You would want to consider rescheduling your bookings or else cancelling them.

Another query that I had was if we are being issued a single entry or multiple entry visitor visa?
An SEV or MEV would depend on the assessment made by the visa officer based on a number of factors. If the visa officer believes you have reasons to visit multiple times in the future, you will be granted an MEV.

All visa applications are automatically considered for MEVs. Normally, SEVs are an exception

Pratik6602

Apr 25, 2018
A very common bit of advice: Never book tickets in advance until a visa is granted.

You would want to consider rescheduling your bookings or else cancelling them.

An SEV or MEV would depend on the assessment made by the visa officer based on a number of factors. If the visa officer believes you have reasons to visit multiple times in the future, you will be granted an MEV.

All visa applications are automatically considered for MEVs. Normally, SEVs are an exception

Pratik6602

Apr 25, 2018
Thanks a lot..
But I was of the opinion that visa usually gets rejected for 2 reasons:
1. Financial papers dat I have submitted aren't substantial enough.
2. I have intentions to stay back in canada n not go back

Pratik6602

Apr 25, 2018
No man.. it's still processing.. it's going to be a month now since I applied for it. I will have to reschedule my tickets and all this is gonna cost me a lot now..