+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visiting visa and relationship proof

mohammad3799

Jul 16, 2023
Hi everyone.
I want to apply for visiting visa in Canada and the family member that I am going to visit is my uncle. one of the required documents is that the proof of my relationship to my uncle. I have to mention it that my father passed away recently and translation of his ID cart in which his father's name mentioned, is not possible. what is the other ways to prove my relationship to my uncle?
thanks for your answers.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone.
I want to apply for visiting visa in Canada and the family member that I am going to visit is my uncle. one of the required documents is that the proof of my relationship to my uncle. I have to mention it that my father passed away recently and translation of his ID cart in which his father's name mentioned, is not possible. what is the other ways to prove my relationship to my uncle?
thanks for your answers.
Your TRV will be dependent on your information not your uncle’s and no need to prove that he is your uncle. He can send you an invitation letter. Are you above 18? You will need to show how you will finance your visit and how much liquid savings you have, what ties do you have to your home country (property, longterm employment, etc.),family members (spouse and/or children), previous international travel especially to countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc. I would limit the visit to around 2-3 weeks. If you are in school the visit should be during school holidays. If you are working you should have permission from your employer for leave.

mohammad3799

Jul 16, 2023
Hi again,
I am a student in Norway at the moment. is the reason that I have to come back here for completing my education not enough for making the Canadian authorities that I will come back to Norway? I noticed that you said I have to be in my university holidays to be able to get the visa. Did I understand it right? because it is not possible for me to travel to Canada during summer holidays. Additionally, it is mentioned in my invitation letter that I will stay there for 3 months, is it too long?
Thanks for your responds.