+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa accepted, How to find a job?

rozkeefe

Jul 31, 2014
Hi there,

I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Biology and I have finally got through the process of having my working visa for Canada to be accepted, I now face the problem of actually finding a job.

I am just writing on here to find out if anyone has any tips on applying or obtaining a job in Canada. I am hoping to be based in Toronto and I am willing to do any type of job which is or isn't directly related to my degree. I am hoping to get some international work experience in Canada. I have been working in Starbucks in the UK for the past two years, so worse comes to worse, hopefully I can work in a Starbucks there.

I have been browsing job websites such as monster and workopolis, but I do not arrive in Canada until around the 22nd September. Do people think it will be easier to apply for jobs when I am in the country? And also due to not having any Canadian experience it will be harder to obtain a job?

Any information or tips will be much appreciated!
Thank you!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
rozkeefe said:
I have been browsing job websites such as monster and workopolis, but I do not arrive in Canada until around the 22nd September. Do people think it will be easier to apply for jobs when I am in the country? And also due to not having any Canadian experience it will be harder to obtain a job?
Yes, it would be easier.

Depends on the job. If you want a good paying job then Canadian experience is a must, if you want any job then no, Canadian experience is not required.

fredde587

Star Member
Jan 7, 2014
It sure is easier lol, I went to a company last week and they hired me straight away in the oil field services industry. They are currently going through the LMIA process for me :D