+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual hearing experience

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
Refugee has nothing to do with your job , income or whatsoever. It has to do with your story and evidence. I had a hearing with the minister on credibility . I didn’t want to hire a lawyer I did by myself and answered all the questions truthfully. The minister was not convinced but since his feeling was not based on a real fact , 2 days later I had a positive notice of decision. Stay positive.
Congrats! But just wondering, did the member say that you'll get the decision in 2 days or what? Mine said 3 -4 weeks, is there a chance it might come before that?

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well. I have my virtual hearing in 2 days and as it's getting closer, I'm being a little scared as I don't have a lawyer and is representing myself. Minister has also intervened and is taking part I'm my hearing. Today I got a mail saying "disclosure of documents before proceeding " and it says GMCS notes is being disclosed to me, I'm confused why they did that. Anyways it is what it is and I would greatly appreciate if you guys could give me your virtual hearing experience briefly and also you're experience with the Minister and interpreter. Thank you in advance!
How was your hearing? What Type of question they asked you also how long was the hearing?

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well. I have my virtual hearing in 2 days and as it's getting closer, I'm being a little scared as I don't have a lawyer and is representing myself. Minister has also intervened and is taking part I'm my hearing. Today I got a mail saying "disclosure of documents before proceeding " and it says GMCS notes is being disclosed to me, I'm confused why they did that. Anyways it is what it is and I would greatly appreciate if you guys could give me your virtual hearing experience briefly and also you're experience with the Minister and interpreter. Thank you in advance!
Hey! Did you get your notice of decision?

jamesandson

Jul 5, 2023
Hey there! It's completely normal to feel a bit anxious before your virtual hearing. Representing yourself can be challenging, but many have navigated it successfully. As for the disclosure of GMCS notes, it's likely part of the transparency in legal proceedings, providing you with relevant information before the hearing.
In virtual hearings, it's crucial to be well-prepared. Organize your thoughts, have key documents handy, and practice articulating your points concisely. Regarding the Minister's involvement, stay focused on presenting your case and addressing any concerns they raise.

Interactions with interpreters are usually straightforward. Clearly express if you need clarification, and don't hesitate to ask for repetition if something is unclear. Remember, you have the right to a fair and impartial hearing.

As for My personal experiences, I find that thorough preparation and maintaining a calm demeanor contribute to a smoother process. DYgreencard inc. immigration consultant helped me a lot in this. Best of luck with your hearing – you've got this! You