+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

V-1 to W-1

Discussion in 'Foreign Workers' started by anurag85123, Mar 11, 2009.

  1. Hi all,

    Very recently i have applied for a worker visa based on LMO and got it, in the same application form i applied for visa for my wife also. I was of the opinion that if a primary applicant gets a work visa, automatically the spouse gets an open work permit, but instead my wife got V-1 visa. We supplied all her education documents etc along with the application, she has done her engineering in the field of BioTechnology. In the covering letter also we have clearly mentioned that she was in pursuit of open work permit. We did not get any refusal letter also .

    Can someone work with V-1 visa, or an open work permit will be given to her once we reach Canada.

    please someone help on this.

  2. Hi

    1. She can apply on entry if your job is considered skilled, in either A/B or O of the NOC.

  3. Hi PMM,

    thanks for your reply. I am going there to work as a Games programmer in PEI and I have a Bachelor of Technology degree with me. I think it comes under skilled category only. So, do you mean that when we arrive in Canada she can apply for open work permit from the immigration officer itself at the port of entry?

    thanks in advance.

  4. Hi

    Yes, that is what I said.


Share This Page