+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USPS lost my passport no status update while sending for PR stamping to CPC-Ottawa

k.kshore

Mar 3, 2019
Hi everyone,

I received PPR email on Feb 28 and I live in US. I chose USPS to send my passport to Canada and included FedEx return label to get it back.

Shipped on March 18 with USPS and tracking shows no update. I called USPS and opened an inquiry with them but I am worried what happens if my passport don’t reach CPC-Ottawa within 30 days time from PPR email. Please suggest on how to reach CPC I have tried email and no response from them.

Also, US applicants please suggest if anyone faced the same issue with USPS and what can be done.

Thank you.

qnam2019

Apr 2, 2019
I have the same problem. Sent passport on March 26, 2019 but no update since then. So worried now.

k.kshore

Mar 3, 2019
I have the same problem. Sent passport on March 26, 2019 but no update since then. So worried now.
What does your last status update say ? Don’t panic even if tracking Won’t update package could still be on track and be delivered. Same thing happened to me my package was delivered perfectly alright although my usps tracking status is still the same. I’ve called IRCC to confirm that they received my passport and also my portal updated as Application is now approved. Please follow up with USPS and also IRCC.

qnam2019

Apr 2, 2019
This is the most three recent updates from USPS:
April 2, 2019, 5:35 am
Arrived
MIAMI, UNITED STATES
Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, MIAMI, UNITED STATES on April 2, 2019 at 5:35 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
March 27, 2019, 4:36 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
March 27, 2019, 4:34 pm
Arrived at Regional Facility

When I tracked on Canada Post, it says:
Mar. 27 4:36 pm
International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
Usmiaa, USA

Hopefully my package is still on track at this time.

k.kshore

Mar 3, 2019
This is the most three recent updates from USPS:
April 2, 2019, 5:35 am
Arrived
MIAMI, UNITED STATES
Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, MIAMI, UNITED STATES on April 2, 2019 at 5:35 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
March 27, 2019, 4:36 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
March 27, 2019, 4:34 pm
Arrived at Regional Facility

When I tracked on Canada Post, it says:
Mar. 27 4:36 pm
International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
Usmiaa, USA

Hopefully my package is still on track at this time.
Your package tracking seems to be fine. Mine was entirely a different story there was no update whatsoever after the initial acceptance at local post office. It was never scanned even after the delivery my status is still same.

Apr 28, 2019
I am in a similar situation. Sent on April 9 and no scans after April 10. I used Priority Mail International. Worst mistake of my life :(. Called CPC Ottawa but they haven't received it.
@k.kshore did you check if there are scans for your package on the Canada post website?
@qnam2019 did yours reach at all?

k.kshore

Mar 3, 2019
I am in a similar situation. Sent on April 9 and no scans after April 10. I used Priority Mail International. Worst mistake of my life :(. Called CPC Ottawa but they haven't received it.
@k.kshore did you check if there are scans for your package on the Canada post website?
@qnam2019 did yours reach at all?
Yes, There was no update in Canada post either even today my status shows the same. But it shouldn’t take this long for you. Have you tried calling USPS ? Call them and open an investigation that helps speed up sometimes if your package is struck somewhere.. I know how this feels I’ve been through all of those thoughts and worst nightmare. USPS sucks ..