+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-licensed nurse wants to work in Canada

marivic_sj

Apr 28, 2007
Hi,
Does any one know whether a US-Registered nurse still has to undergo the long process of Canadian RN registration before she can work as RN in Canada? I am not a US citizen nor have I worked in the US as a Registered Nurse but I have a license as RN in Vermont, USA. Is there no Mutual Recognition Agreement between the US and Canada relative to the practice of nursing? Thanks for anyone who can give advice/information.

roll_69

Feb 11, 2007
marivic_sj said:
Hi,
Does any one know whether a US-Registered nurse still has to undergo the long process of Canadian RN registration before she can work as RN in Canada? I am not a US citizen nor have I worked in the US as a Registered Nurse but I have a license as RN in Vermont, USA. Is there no Mutual Recognition Agreement between the US and Canada relative to the practice of nursing? Thanks for anyone who can give advice/information.

Hi marivic,
Unfortunately Canada dont recognized NCLEX, I suggest you visit the provincial nursing body (e.g CARNA,CNRBC etc..) for more info on foreign trained nurses wishing to work in Canada.