+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR card renewal

al26

Aug 30, 2012
My case for urgent processing of PR card renewal was received in Nova Scotia on 11 June 2014 but still online status says "we are unable to identify you.......". I enclosed full travel information/documents and my seats are booked for 18 July. I am still waiting and waiting. Called immigration office twice but no satisfactory reply was given except that they suggested to leave canada without PR card and apply for travel document from Islamabad. I am not sure I would be able to get PRTD. I had 738 days on my credit at the time of application. Does any body know they open the envelope as it is received or open it on its turn? Any idea about PRTD from Pakistan?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
With only an extra 8 days to your credit, I suspect urgent processing is not going to happen for you. They are going to closely look at the days you listed as being in Canada. If you leave and go to Pakistan, be sure you have enough days to still be within your RO before you make any attempts at getting a PRTD. If you fall out of RO while you are gone, you will likely be denied your PRTD and then you will be stuck in Pakistan and unable to get your PR card because it will likely be set for pick up at that time.

To me, it sounds as if you should make a decision of what is more important to you at this point. Your PR or your trip because I do not think you will be able to continue with both.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If you leave on July 18th, you will no longer meet the RO after 6-7 weeks. Posted processing time for a PRTD in Pakistan is a minimum of 12 weeks, so by the time they processed it, you would no longer meet the RO.

You could go and wait in Pakistan until your PR card arrives and someone here in Canada can mail it to you but there is always the possibility that the VO will request that you pick up your card in person. If they do and you are in Pakistan, your only option would be to fly to the US and enter Canada by land.

al26

Aug 30, 2012
Hi everyone!
Still no status online. I called CIC last thursday they said urgent cases are opened within two weeks so possibly my case has been lined up for normal processing which is almost 5 months now.Few months back it was 90 days. I and my family have already cancelled trip, waiting for the pr cards.Can any body tell processing time will keep on increasing or it would come down by the end of this month? Any idea/experience from previous years?