+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR card renewal questions

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yuz said:
My application started to be in process on Nov. 21, it also says complete now. I guess we just get lucky recently, if the complete status implies approved.....
When does your current card expire?

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
m3633444 said:
How long has it been since it has changed to complete on your application?
Isn't complete only supposed to show up after you received the card? And why was there no other progress update other than the "complete" status...Weird.

I hope it won't take weeks to get the card in mail after the status changed to complete. :-[
I found my status changes the same day you found yours change. I get the new card today.

m3633444

Nov 17, 2014
yuz said:
I found my status changes the same day you found yours change. I get the new card today.
Wow really? Nice nice nice.
I just checked the mailbox today and there is nothing there.
I'll expect mine soon i guess :D

m3633444

Nov 17, 2014
yuz said:
Hey Yuz did your ecas status details updated at all? Mine only showed these 2.

Permanent Resident Card
We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 21, 2014.

We started processing your application on November 25, 2014.

I still haven't got my card...Even though it changed to completed last friday.

Well I guess one way to explain it is they started processing ur application on Nov 21 and mine on Nov 25...
Still I hope I get my card soon...hopefully tomorrow..

m3633444

Nov 17, 2014
I just called CIC and they told me my card was approved and sent out on Nov 27. Exactly 7 days ago. Yet I still don't have it in the mail...I hope it is not getting lost :'(

Hopefully it is due to canada post sucking at delivering a mail from nova scotia to vancouver within their 4 days delivery promise...Just dont get lost plz! ???

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Hi guys! I don't wanna hijack the thread but I got a small emergency: My husband has been trying to get his (first)PR card since Dec. 2013. They initially lost half the application and had him redo the pictures and application (they had the payment on file though, hilarious.)
The second time, this summer, he reapplied, and in October it was returned stating that a copy of his passport was missing. It wasn't. Anyway, he is supposed to visit Europe for Christmas and all of January 2015, but CIC told us that he may be 'screwed' if he tries to travel without his PR card and apply for the PRTD...
Meanwhile, we contacted a lawyer and asked them what to do and the lawyer said that what CIC said is ridiculous, and to apply for the PRTD when he gets to Europe. He landed back in 1989 so there are no issues with PR requirements.
My question is, should he risk it? Or, should he reapply, again, for a third time (each other time, the PR app was marked URGENT, but clearly no one gives a crap about that)?
He spoke to CIC today and the lady literally said she has no idea where the app could be, and, I quote, "It's probably sitting on someones desk."
Thanks for any help yall can give!

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4roness said:
Hi guys! I don't wanna hijack the thread but I got a small emergency: My husband has been trying to get his (first)PR card since Dec. 2013. They initially lost half the application and had him redo the pictures and application (they had the payment on file though, hilarious.)
The second time, this summer, he reapplied, and in October it was returned stating that a copy of his passport was missing. It wasn't. Anyway, he is supposed to visit Europe for Christmas and all of January 2015, but CIC told us that he may be 'screwed' if he tries to travel without his PR card and apply for the PRTD...
Meanwhile, we contacted a lawyer and asked them what to do and the lawyer said that what CIC said is ridiculous, and to apply for the PRTD when he gets to Europe. He landed back in 1989 so there are no issues with PR requirements.
My question is, should he risk it? Or, should he reapply, again, for a third time (each other time, the PR app was marked URGENT, but clearly no one gives a crap about that)?
He spoke to CIC today and the lady literally said she has no idea where the app could be, and, I quote, "It's probably sitting on someones desk."
Thanks for any help yall can give!
He is visiting Europe for Christmas, does he have a passport that does not require a visitor visa to Canada. If thats the case then he doesnt need to do anything. He can board the plane as a "visitor". He will then be allowed in as a permanent resident. Has he not had a PR card since the 90s? That could raise an eyebrow. I know you said he has no problems with his residency obligations but why hasnt he applied for citizenship?

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
CanV said:
He is visiting Europe for Christmas, does he have a passport that does not require a visitor visa to Canada. If thats the case then he doesnt need to do anything. He can board the plane as a "visitor". He will then be allowed in as a permanent resident. Has he not had a PR card since the 90s? That could raise an eyebrow. I know you said he has no problems with his residency obligations but why hasnt he applied for citizenship?
Lol yeah I kinda yelled at him about that years ago... typical big-manly-man answer "I was lazy and didn't think I'd ever need it..."
Stupid answer, I know, but on the other hand it was his parent's responsibility to get that done when him and his sis were still little and landed with them. But what's done is done...
He can't visit me if he applies for citizenship (during the application process, you gotta be within Canada, CIC said.)
So he's getting his PR instead, for now, and when I get home (God willing soon) he'll apply for his Canadian citizenship.
He managed to get a Croatian passport, took a few months till they put him into the system properly but it's all good now that he has that at least.
We're waiting for Vienna to email us back, but that may take a while. I was told the other day to email them again in a few days and, again, put URGENT in the subject line. If they don't get back to us by the middle of next week, I'll try to call them (which I heard can be mission impossible most times.)
I'll let yall know how the situation plays out, and thanks a bunch for the info!!! =D

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
b4roness said:
Lol yeah I kinda yelled at him about that years ago... typical big-manly-man answer "I was lazy and didn't think I'd ever need it..."
Stupid answer, I know, but on the other hand it was his parent's responsibility to get that done when him and his sis were still little and landed with them. But what's done is done...
He can't visit me if he applies for citizenship (during the application process, you gotta be within Canada, CIC said.)
So he's getting his PR instead, for now, and when I get home (God willing soon) he'll apply for his Canadian citizenship.
He managed to get a Croatian passport, took a few months till they put him into the system properly but it's all good now that he has that at least.
We're waiting for Vienna to email us back, but that may take a while. I was told the other day to email them again in a few days and, again, put URGENT in the subject line. If they don't get back to us by the middle of next week, I'll try to call them (which I heard can be mission impossible most times.)
I'll let yall know how the situation plays out, and thanks a bunch for the info!!! =D
I know this has nothing to do with your original question about PR renewal, but I'm kind of stuck here trying to figure this one out.

Your husband landed with his family back in the 90's and never got a PR card. Assumption here is that he was a child and landed with his parents, and PR cards weren't issued in the same manner they are today. OK. I get that.

Now, where did your husband immigrate from with his family? Croatia? Did they immigrate in a financial stream or refugee stream?

Who is being sponsored, based on your signature? Is it you?

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Alurra71 said:
I know this has nothing to do with your original question about PR renewal, but I'm kind of stuck here trying to figure this one out.

Your husband landed with his family back in the 90's and never got a PR card. Assumption here is that he was a child and landed with his parents, and PR cards weren't issued in the same manner they are today. OK. I get that.

Now, where did your husband immigrate from with his family? Croatia? Did they immigrate in a financial stream or refugee stream?

Who is being sponsored, based on your signature? Is it you?
They were sponsored by a family member. The entire family was already living in Canada for many years. His parents were the last to arrive.
Although, my husband was born in Croatia! His sister and remaining family are all from upper Bosnia. Technically, they were all on old Yugoslavian passports. His parents have their PR cards and passports. They got them a few years back but my hubby n his sis moved out a while ago and the parents are divorced, so logically the parents didn't bother to take care of PR cards for their adult kids.
There are no issues whatsoever with him sponsoring me. He's talked to CIC quite a few times, in person and over the phone. All's well on that end. It's just the lack of professionalism from CIC when it comes to obtaining the PR card that's baffling, as well as any legit info. Always a different answer.
How do they LOSE pieces of the app, not once, but twice? It's absurd. =(

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
b4roness said:
They were sponsored by a family member. The entire family was already living in Canada for many years. His parents were the last to arrive.
Although, my husband was born in Croatia! His sister and remaining family are all from upper Bosnia. Technically, they were all on old Yugoslavian passports. His parents have their PR cards and passports. They got them a few years back but my hubby n his sis moved out a while ago and the parents are divorced, so logically the parents didn't bother to take care of PR cards for their adult kids.
There are no issues whatsoever with him sponsoring me. He's talked to CIC quite a few times, in person and over the phone. All's well on that end. It's just the lack of professionalism from CIC when it comes to obtaining the PR card that's baffling, as well as any legit info. Always a different answer.
How do they LOSE pieces of the app, not once, but twice? It's absurd. =(
I understand your frustration. I wasn't worried about your hubby sponsoring you, I knew that would be OK. I was just concerned that he might of been like part of a parental refugee application or something and then you said he got a Croatian passport, so I was just making sure, because that could land him in hot water with his current PR, as you likely already know. Anyway, best of luck to you and hubby getting this mess straight. CIC is a pain to be sure but one day you'll be all done dealing with them and it will be water under the bridge. :D

Have a very Merrry Christmas and enjoy visit with the hubby! :D

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Alurra71 said:
I understand your frustration. I wasn't worried about your hubby sponsoring you, I knew that would be OK. I was just concerned that he might of been like part of a parental refugee application or something and then you said he got a Croatian passport, so I was just making sure, because that could land him in hot water with his current PR, as you likely already know. Anyway, best of luck to you and hubby getting this mess straight. CIC is a pain to be sure but one day you'll be all done dealing with them and it will be water under the bridge. :D

Have a very Merrry Christmas and enjoy visit with the hubby! :D
Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!!! =D

vinem

Feb 15, 2014
Hello Experts,

Requesting an advise from you

Date of PR: 03-JUNE-2010

I am applying tomorrow 14-JAN-2015 for PR renewal. Its now 4 years and 7 months in total. I have satisfied eligibility criteria too.
Application and other documents are ready , but stuck up with a Question.

it says " Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years (if your stamps are not in English or French, please have them translated "..

What does Past 5 years Means : 1. --From the date of PR to till date . In my case the PR date and entry date are the same & I havent completed 5 years till now (4.7 years)
2. --5 years preceding to today's date?

As I have some arabic stamps affixed while on transit through Dubai before the PR date (03-JUNE-2010) , I am confused if I have to translate and certify them?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
vinem said:
Hello Experts,

Requesting an advise from you

Date of PR: 03-JUNE-2010

I am applying tomorrow 14-JAN-2015 for PR renewal. Its now 4 years and 7 months in total. I have satisfied eligibility criteria too.
Application and other documents are ready , but stuck up with a Question.

it says " Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years (if your stamps are not in English or French, please have them translated "..

What does Past 5 years Means : 1. --From the date of PR to till date . In my case the PR date and entry date are the same & I havent completed 5 years till now (4.7 years)
2. --5 years preceding to today's date?

As I have some arabic stamps affixed while on transit through Dubai before the PR date (03-JUNE-2010) , I am confused if I have to translate and certify them?

Please advise.

Thanks,
The past 5 years from the date you sign your application. So if you sign it tomorrow, 1/3/15 you would go back to 1/13/10. If that stamp is within your 5 year window, which it seems to be, then yes, have it translated, even if it is before you became a PR. They may still give you a hassle and it is better to be safe than sorry.

vinem

Feb 15, 2014
Very Clear and prompt Reply. Thank You.

I am translating my non-English/ French stamps. For those who are looking for translator , use atio.on.ca
locate the translators in your area.

Good luck everyone.