+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent PR Card renewal - Please help

rlawnstn

Jul 12, 2014
I applied for citizenship last year and it had been processing since April 2013. My PR card expired recently but I decided to just stick it out until I get my citizenship as I don't really travel. That turned out to be a terrible mistake as an emergency popped up and I need to travel in the beginning of August. CIC in Nova Scotia received my urgent application on July 8th but it is still not in even on the online system when I go to check.

Because it was an urgent application, I purchased flight tickets and included proof of travel and payment through a booking confirmation email from Air Canada that shows my name, my credit card payment, and the booking confirmation email time. I wanted to provide a copy of my credit card statement but after 2 days, it still didn't show on my statement so I decided to mail my application out and hope that my booking confirmation was enough proof. I also wrote a letter to explain that. I'm now getting worried and wondering

1. Will my application be processed normally because I didn't provide a credit card statement for proof of payment? It says that my proof of payment has to show when the tickets were purchased, and although everyone knows these booking emails are sent immediately after booking, thereby showing the time of purchase, I don't know if the email time is enough proof for that.

2. Is there any way I can contact the CIC for my application?

3. Should I send a travel document application to the overseas embassy of my destination as soon as possible?

Thanks in advance!

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
rlawnstn said:
I applied for citizenship last year and it had been processing since April 2013. My PR card expired recently but I decided to just stick it out until I get my citizenship as I don't really travel. That turned out to be a terrible mistake as an emergency popped up and I need to travel in the beginning of August. CIC in Nova Scotia received my urgent application on July 8th but it is still not in even on the online system when I go to check.

Because it was an urgent application, I purchased flight tickets and included proof of travel and payment through a booking confirmation email from Air Canada that shows my name, my credit card payment, and the booking confirmation email time. I wanted to provide a copy of my credit card statement but after 2 days, it still didn't show on my statement so I decided to mail my application out and hope that my booking confirmation was enough proof. I also wrote a letter to explain that. I'm now getting worried and wondering

1. Will my application be processed normally because I didn't provide a credit card statement for proof of payment? It says that my proof of payment has to show when the tickets were purchased, and although everyone knows these booking emails are sent immediately after booking, thereby showing the time of purchase, I don't know if the email time is enough proof for that.

2. Is there any way I can contact the CIC for my application?

3. Should I send a travel document application to the overseas embassy of my destination as soon as possible?

Thanks in advance!
1. intenirary information should be sufficient based on my own experience.
2. Call 1-888-242‑2100 inquiring an update.
3. Might not be a bad idea.

Also you can try resubmitting your travel information to CIC-Telecentre-Contact-PRC-CRP@cic.gc.ca, my application was not processed urgently originally until I sent them my trip info again and indicated how important this trip was.

rlawnstn

Jul 12, 2014
Thanks for your reply, Jimmy. How long was the time between you sending the email and receiving your PR card?

I called for an update and a lady verified that my application was received, and my travel date was in their system. She could only say that 'they know of your situation' when I asked if there is a backup for urgent processing applications right now, so it seems like my application is being considered for urgent processing (should've asked). My worst fear is that my application is just sitting on a pile because the PR processing department is backed up. Anyway, I will try again tomorrow.