+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!! Passport stuck in Canadian customs???

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
MAJOR UPDATE! @nosmas @mgnlky @agvalen1810

In principle Canada Post does not track incoming international registered mails anymore. So all mails with a tracking number starting with the two letters "RO". However, I googled a bit and found out how you can still track international registered mails! Instead of simply entering the tracking number in the tracking field, you have to enter it twice! So on two rows. And then, tata! it at least shows you a time stamp! It will not show you a description (it will just read: "Canada Post does not provide tracking for international registered mail"). But at least you can see the date and time moving. You would just have to kind of guess where your parcel is. I cannot believe it works in this way! So I have now a time stamp of 17/08/2017 09:01am! So it means my letter moved yesterday! I assume it has now been released by the customs. If it's true then it was for 13 days with CBSA! Now it seems it is back in the hands of Canada Post.

I hope now it can get soon to Vancouver!!
I tried this a while ago after googling a bit myself but either Canada Post has wised up or I'm doing it wrong. Can you please check with your old registered mail tracking number if you have it and see if it still works? And I'd love to know exactly what you did to ensure I'm not doing it incorrectly. Thanks!