+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent HELP of relinquishment of PR paper work!!!

Jessie21

Apr 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
You've got to a point where you need to fill the forms as best as you can and let CIC get back to you if they so wish. Get a friend/ family member to witness where you signed and leave the Minister delegate sections blank. Visa post will call you in if they want to. I think with the PRTD route they won't bother but they may. IMM5538B is the one you need since you don't meet the Residence Obligation.
Fee exemption code is an internal CIC instruction that appears to be for accounting purposes. Just pay the 50 bucks for TD processing. CIC can always give you a refund but you don't want to hold the hold process up.
As you know I should scaned this document to the visa office. Refer to this Declaration, how to fill all these:

Name of Office:
File No:
Date:
Subject:
Subject’s Record of Permanent Residence No:

Signed at _____________________, in the country of _________
On the ______ day of ________of the year ___________.
Signature of person__________________
Witnessed by __________________________

Last part:
Part 4 – Declaration of Minister’s Delegate
Declared before me _____________________ at ________________________.
This __day of _________of the year _______.
Signature of Delegate ______________________

1.Do I need to fill all these blanks? Or they are filled by the officer?
Name of Office:
File No:
Date:
Subject:

2. If I fill: Signed at (my city),not the same city as the Visa Office located, will it cause a problem? Since the last part said: Declared before me (the Delegate).....

3. Do I need ask a witness to sign as well? or I just sign my name and leave other sections blank, including the date?

Thank you again for everything!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Fill it out so there is reference to you. If there is an issue Visa Post will amend but its not going to stop processing:

Name of Office - London
File No - PR Card Number/UCI
Date - date you sign
Subject - PR Relinquishment
SRPR - PR Card Number/UCI

2. You must fill every blank in the 'Signed at Section'. No it will not cause a problem as you should put the City where you sign e.g. Dublin

3. Yes get Witness to PRINT and sign their name.

4. Don't fill Minister Delegate section/ part 4- its for the visa post. I honestly don't know why the visa post sent you all this. There are plenty of posters on the forum who just submit a PRTD with a waiver of appeal letter and the PR relinquishment is completed.

I suggest you mail the forms asap as the clock is ticking.

Jessie21

Apr 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jessie21 said:
Hi, Msafiri

I got reply from CIC, please read the reply below:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please fill out the following forms and return them to our office via email as scanned attachments, clearly showing your original signatures:

- Consent & Waiver Declaration - Relinquishment;
- Application for a Travel Document PR Abroad - IMM5524E ("PRTD").

Please do not submit any fees, as the relinquishment process is fee exempt.

Upon receipt of your submissions, we will assess your prior permanent resident status according to the information you provide and record it in our system. If you do not meet residency requirements under Section 28 of the Immigration & Refugee Protection Act, we will issue you a refusal letter. As soon as your PRTD refusal and relinquishment status are finalized, we will resume processing of your current permanent residence application.

As always, please be sure to provide your file number (and UCI if available).

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Things suddenly become easy. Thank you for your help all the way! One last question:
Should I include the witness's signature as well? Are you sure the family member can be a witness, such as my husband or my parents?

Thank you so so so much!
Hi, Msafiri
You may not read my previous reply. I was required to send by email. Are you sure the family member can be a witness, such as my husband or my parents?

nikcho

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Msafiri said:
The Minister's delegate would be the visa officer and you would sign this as the deponent at the visa post in person before the visa officer if you went with the IMM 5539B route. This is longer since you have to schedule an appointment with the visa post hence the TD Form 5524 route being preferable.

In regards to the TD answer no to all Q13. 'A' is being referred to further medical checks, paying a government fee etc as a condition to finalize your landing. 'B' doesn't apply yet since you are still a PR until the TD is refused and the appeal timeline passed.
pl tell where to post question

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jessie21 said:
Hi, Msafiri
You may not read my previous reply. I was required to send by email. Are you sure the family member can be a witness, such as my husband or my parents?
My bad on the typo I missed out the e on email. Sure witness can be anyone over 18. Let's face it CIC are not going to demand that it be say a notary or else they would state that in their correspondence. If you are still worried then email the visa post and ask them if its ok for anyone to be the witness.

Jessie21

Apr 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
My bad on the typo I missed out the e on email. Sure witness can be anyone over 18. Let's face it CIC are not going to demand that it be say a notary or else they would state that in their correspondence. If you are still worried then email the visa post and ask them if its ok for anyone to be the witness.
Thank you! I emailed the visa office today with required scanned attachments. Hope to see next step soon.
Thank you again!

walterg74

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Msafiri said:
1. Fill it out so there is reference to you. If there is an issue Visa Post will amend but its not going to stop processing:

Name of Office - London
File No - PR Card Number/UCI
Date - date you sign
Subject - PR Relinquishment
SRPR - PR Card Number/UCI

2. You must fill every blank in the 'Signed at Section'. No it will not cause a problem as you should put the City where you sign e.g. Dublin

3. Yes get Witness to PRINT and sign their name.

4. Don't fill Minister Delegate section/ part 4- its for the visa post. I honestly don't know why the visa post sent you all this. There are plenty of posters on the forum who just submit a PRTD with a waiver of appeal letter and the PR relinquishment is completed.

I suggest you mail the forms asap as the clock is ticking.
Hijacking this old thread to ask something about this exact same point.

I'm at an advanced stage of a new PR application, but have to submit the 5528b to relinquish an old PR status I had from over 30 years ago! I have been asked to fill out this same form.

For the initial section, where I have:

Name of Office:
File No:
Date:
Subject:

Name of the office: Fine I know it's my local one here in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

File No: Since I'm relinquishing my old PR status, should that be the original file number? I have absolutely no clue what that was, as it was over 30 years ago and I was 8... Or is my new current file/UCI number?

Date: now, when I sign it, right?

Subject: I'm not sure that's "PR Relinquishment" as you stated above, as according to the next line "Subject" would be the person, i.e. my name, wouldn't it be?

Subject’s Record of Permanent Residence No: Now this has to be the PR (or UCI) but the original one that I'm relinquishing, doesn't it?? What do I do if I don't have this? The only document I still managed to retain from that time is my Original Record of Landing.

Thanks!