+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Urgent help needed] Study permit extension

Nazifa

Apr 5, 2016
Hi,
I am doing my masters at University of Saskatchewan from September, 2014. I got also admission for PhD here from September, 2016. But, mp study permit and visa will be expired on 31st August, 2016. So, I applied for study permit extension on 8th March, 2016 with following documents: PhD admission letter, PhD scholarship letter, masters scholarship letter and a declaration letter from my program coordinator. Today I received a letter from my account that says the following:

[X} Issuance of study permits is limited to persons who are actively pursuing their studies at a designated learning institution as per R220.1 (1) (b). As you are not currently registered for the next academic term, you are not eligible for a study permit. We have withdrawn your application as you have applied more than 90 days before the start of your program. Please submit a new study permit application within 90 days of starting your program.

Now I am confused about what should I do next? My application status still shows open. I didn't submit my enrolment letter for spring and summer term. Also, I need the permit urgently, because I am planning to apply for a Schengen visa for this July after extending the visa permit.

Should I apply again with submitting the enrolment letter for summer term now? As, registration for fall, 2016 will be open in June. So, I am registered up to summer, 2016 now. Or, I will have to apply within 90 days of my permit expiration? They also said:

This refers to your application for a study permit received 03/08/2016. No action is being taken to process your request for the following reasons:

So, will I get refund for my this application? As I have paid online, how will I get the refund?

Thanks.
-Nazifa

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Nazifa said:
Hi,
I am doing my masters at University of Saskatchewan from September, 2014. I got also admission for PhD here from September, 2016. But, mp study permit and visa will be expired on 31st August, 2016. So, I applied for study permit extension on 8th March, 2016 with following documents: PhD admission letter, PhD scholarship letter, masters scholarship letter and a declaration letter from my program coordinator. Today I received a letter from my account that says the following:

[X} Issuance of study permits is limited to persons who are actively pursuing their studies at a designated learning institution as per R220.1 (1) (b). As you are not currently registered for the next academic term, you are not eligible for a study permit. We have withdrawn your application as you have applied more than 90 days before the start of your program. Please submit a new study permit application within 90 days of starting your program.

Now I am confused about what should I do next? My application status still shows open. I didn't submit my enrolment letter for spring and summer term. Also, I need the permit urgently, because I am planning to apply for a Schengen visa for this July after extending the visa permit.

Should I apply again with submitting the enrolment letter for summer term now? As, registration for fall, 2016 will be open in June. So, I am registered up to summer, 2016 now. Or, I will have to apply within 90 days of my permit expiration? They also said:

This refers to your application for a study permit received 03/08/2016. No action is being taken to process your request for the following reasons:

So, will I get refund for my this application? As I have paid online, how will I get the refund?

Thanks.
-Nazifa

1. Your mistake. You were supposed to apply for study permit extension with Master program LOA, not PhD one. Once you are in the last term of Master program, you are good to apply for another program.
2. No refund is possible.