+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT help needed please...

xyrill

Oct 20, 2013
Hello.. I'm a Filipino domestic helper here in Hongkong. A single parent of two.. ages 10 and 5yo.

The increasing needs of my family..especially my children is what drove me to apply as a skilled worker in Canada (worm picker in particular)

I was able to obtain my LMO and completed all requirements then submitted it through an agency here in Hongkong last july 30, 2013. And had medical examination last august 2. Unfortunately, till this present time.. I still didn't receive the police clearance referral which far as I know should follow 2-3weeks after medical examinations. My agency did send a follow-up request twice last month to the Canadian embassy. But still no word.

As winter is setting in...I fear that I'll lose everything. And I'm helpless because there's not much time left. Please please help me. What is my fighting chance? Worse comes worst. ..what can I do? Not only will my family be disappointed but will lose all the money paid for obtaining the job offer itself. :'(

Please help me..
Thank you in advance.

amitseth79

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
xyrill said:
Hello.. I'm a Filipino domestic helper here in Hongkong. A single parent of two.. ages 10 and 5yo.

The increasing needs of my family..especially my children is what drove me to apply as a skilled worker in Canada (worm picker in particular)

I was able to obtain my LMO and completed all requirements then submitted it through an agency here in Hongkong last july 30, 2013. And had medical examination last august 2. Unfortunately, till this present time.. I still didn't receive the police clearance referral which far as I know should follow 2-3weeks after medical examinations. My agency did send a follow-up request twice last month to the Canadian embassy. But still no word.

As winter is setting in...I fear that I'll lose everything. And I'm helpless because there's not much time left. Please please help me. What is my fighting chance? Worse comes worst. ..what can I do? Not only will my family be disappointed but will lose all the money paid for obtaining the job offer itself. :'(

Please help me..
Thank you in advance.
Sometime it takes year for background checking without this step, you won't be getting anything. Apply for GCMS if you are really worried about your application

xyrill

Oct 20, 2013
Thank you very much for the reply.. I really appreciate it. Will be reading about GCMS because honestly, I have no knowledge about it. But if I may ask,.. if it'll take a year for background checking. .. what about the LMO? I suppose it's only valid for 6months? So is there anything I can do to be able to get a slot for next year after winter without paying for it?

amitseth79

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
xyrill said:
Thank you very much for the reply.. I really appreciate it. Will be reading about GCMS because honestly, I have no knowledge about it. But if I may ask,.. if it'll take a year for background checking. .. what about the LMO? I suppose it's only valid for 6months? So is there anything I can do to be able to get a slot for next year after winter without paying for it?
i have no clue about ut, just ask your attorney what they say?

xyrill

Oct 20, 2013
amitseth79 said:
i have no clue about ut, just ask your attorney what they say?

I went back to my agency but she said that I just need to wait. But it's clear that i'm running out of time since it's almost winter, so the job itself will only be available/open again next season. It's tough for me because I asked if I could get an authorization letter from her so I could personally check the status of my application at the embassy.. she refused and said that I instead just make a letter which indicates that I pull her out as my third-party signed and go with the application on my own. Which is unfair because I paid for the agency's processing fee that includes the visa fee as well.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
A couple of things stood out as I read your posts. First of all, it is illegal to charge an employee for the LMO. The employer pays the recruiter. You mentioned you applied under foreign skilled worker. I do not understand how the job for which the LMO was written (worm picker), falls into a skilled category. Was this really the category you were told it was? What is the name of the employer? Have you done a google search for them, been interviewed by them? Lmo's are valid for 6 months which is correct, but as long as your application is submitted to Embassy before the expiry date, it doesn't matter how long the application processing takes. If you are confident the agency is legitimate and there is a job, it doesn't sound as if the wait from the end of July is overly long. What was duration of the employment? I haven't heard that a temporary job requires background checks taking a year.
It is correct that you can remove your representative and then obtain GCMS notes which takes at least a month. Do a search on forum and you will find lots of advice on ordering GCMS. All the best.

xyrill

Oct 20, 2013
Pippin said:
A couple of things stood out as I read your posts. First of all, it is illegal to charge an employee for the LMO. The employer pays the recruiter. You mentioned you applied under foreign skilled worker. I do not understand how the job for which the LMO was written (worm picker), falls into a skilled category. Was this really the category you were told it was? What is the name of the employer? Have you done a google search for them, been interviewed by them? Lmo's are valid for 6 months which is correct, but as long as your application is submitted to Embassy before the expiry date, it doesn't matter how long the application processing takes. If you are confident the agency is legitimate and there is a job, it doesn't sound as if the wait from the end of July is overly long. What was duration of the employment? I haven't heard that a temporary job requires background checks taking a year.
It is correct that you can remove your representative and then obtain GCMS notes which takes at least a month. Do a search on forum and you will find lots of advice on ordering GCMS. All the best.
Thank you very much for the feedback..
My contact person who is an immigration consultant charged me for the LMO's fee - well according to her, that is was paid to the broker for obtaining an LMO.
I was able to submit my documents prior expiration date so it gives me relief to know I'm saved at that part. I'm still hoping that all will end well.
The contract is good for 8months soon as the applicant assumes the position. But since then, the company didn't get in touch with me. Tried the email..but no reply. I asked the immigration consultant about it and she said that the company might not get to do a reply per applicant.
She just comforted/reassured me by saying that "…if the company or LMO is fake, then you should have not been given or asked to do a medical exam."
I just hope to get a good news soon. Thank you again..