+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent Help Needed: Education Verification Issue for Canadian Study Plans

Aman_CA

Feb 14, 2024
Hello everyone,
I'm reaching out for urgent advice regarding a dilemma I'm facing with my plans to pursue studies in Canada.

Recently, I received an acceptance letter from Douglas College for a 2-year PGWP Program, and the deadline to secure my seat is fast approaching on February 24, 2024. However, I've encountered a significant hurdle with my master's degree evaluation conducted by IQAS, which has raised concerns about its authenticity. I'm currently in discussions with them to resolve this matter.

Given this predicament, I'm uncertain whether I should proceed with paying the program fees. Additionally, I'm worried about the implications of stating my master's degree during the application process for a program primarily requiring a bachelor's degree, especially if it cannot be verified by the ECA Agency.

Furthermore, I understand that if my master's degree is not validated, I won't be able to claim points for it in the CRS score for Canadian residency. However, my main concern is whether IRCC might reject my profile due to discrepancies in my educational background. Is there a potential solution for this issue? I'm also considering using WES if the resolution with IQAS proves unsuccessful.

Your guidance on navigating these uncertainties would be immensely appreciated.