+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help for PGP 2022 application after mentioning only one parent on interest form in 2020.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
URGENT QUESTION. PLEASE HELP!

On the 2020 form, We only mentioned the mother on the form. Now we want to include father as well. So both parents. It says on the IRCC site clearly we can do so, but what is confusing is that "We dont accept multiple applications. Do I now have to send them separately? So one application for mother and a separate one for father? On the actual application, I have the father as the dependent...I thought that makes sense as opposed to doing another application, where I have to again put the mother as the principal applicant. Thank you friends!!!!

On the interest to sponsor form I only mentioned one parent. Can I now apply to sponsor them both?
You can apply to sponsor both parents (or both grandparents) under the same confirmation number if
  • you were invited and
  • you meet the income cut-off needed to sponsor both of them
You should also include a letter explaining why you’re sending applications for both your parents or grandparents when only one was on your interest to sponsor form.
We don’t accept multiple applications in one package. If you’re sending more than one application, you need to send them separately.
Note, if you are applying to sponsor parents and grandparents, send a separate application package for parents and for grandparents.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
URGENT QUESTION. PLEASE HELP!

On the 2020 form, We only mentioned the mother on the form. Now we want to include father as well. So both parents. It says on the IRCC site clearly we can do so, but what is confusing is that "We dont accept multiple applications. Do I now have to send them separately? So one application for mother and a separate one for father? On the actual application, I have the father as the dependent...I thought that makes sense as opposed to doing another application, where I have to again put the mother as the principal applicant. Thank you friends!!!!

On the interest to sponsor form I only mentioned one parent. Can I now apply to sponsor them both?
You can apply to sponsor both parents (or both grandparents) under the same confirmation number if
  • you were invited and
  • you meet the income cut-off needed to sponsor both of them
You should also include a letter explaining why you’re sending applications for both your parents or grandparents when only one was on your interest to sponsor form.
We don’t accept multiple applications in one package. If you’re sending more than one application, you need to send them separately.
Note, if you are applying to sponsor parents and grandparents, send a separate application package for parents and for grandparents.
It's one application for your parents, one will be the principal applicant the other will be a dependent.

Note - As long as both parents are still married you CANNOT sponsor only your mom or only your dad, you'd have to put one of them as non accompanying if they decide they don't want to be sponsored. However, the non accompanying person still has to go through the process as if they were accompanying i.e still need to pass the medical exam and provide biometric etc.

Summary - Your father will be a dependent and your mom will be the principal applicant in the application, attach an explanation letter as to why he was not in the initial interest to sponsor form. Pay applicable fees for both and submit completed forms.

Hope this helps!!!

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Thanks all for being super helpful. Its all a bit overwhelming, trying to get things together last minute. Good luck to all those who have successfully completed the forms and those on my train too!