+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Decline ITA or clarify in LOE?

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hello all,

We received ITA in the last draw on Aug 2, however we are considering declining it for the following reasons:

Discrepancy in EE profile in work history as follows:
  • Job 1: Was in two different countries but in the same company. We mentioned only one of the countries in EE profile, i.e, single entry in EE
  • Job 2: I had two different roles in same company (roles and responsibilities remained same so no change in NOC code), and my reference letter mentions the same, however I had made a single entry in EE profile mentioning the last designation held
Could you please advice if we should decline ITA and rectify it before next draw OR would it be acceptable if we only clarify these points in the LOE?

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Dont decline! You are able to edit info after ITA, see if you can add work exp entry. I edited travel history, personal etc a lot. It doesnt matter if you worked in same company in diff countries. Just add it to travel history, and you may highlight it in ref letter. You can have same ref letter for both positions, just mention both position names. You may add an LoE, if you feel necessary to clarify working in diff country etc details. I urge you to not decline ITA because of this, CRS scores are so unpredictable. Just arrange ref letter carefully, you ll be allright.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Dont decline! You are able to edit info after ITA, see if you can add work exp entry. I edited travel history, personal etc a lot. It doesnt matter if you worked in same company in diff countries. Just add it to travel history, and you may highlight it in ref letter. You can have same ref letter for both positions, just mention both position names. You may add an LoE, if you feel necessary to clarify working in diff country etc details. I urge you to not decline ITA because of this, CRS scores are so unpredictable. Just arrange ref letter carefully, you ll be allright.
Hello Houzi, thanks for your response. Were all the changes you made accepted by CIC without any concerns?

My only worry is that if there is a mismatch in the data provided in EE and in ITA, it would be considered as misrepresentation.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello Houzi, thanks for your response. Were all the changes you made accepted by CIC without any concerns?

My only worry is that if there is a mismatch in the data provided in EE and in ITA, it would be considered as misrepresentation.
Not if you explain it in LOE and your eligibility and CRS points are not affected due to the change.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017

Hi! Its not a misinterpretation. When a person claims part time job as full time, 3 years of experience instead of 1, or hides being in some country to avoid getting PCC, thats a misinterpretation. Profile is editable after ITA, meaning you can do it. You had listed 1 position instead of 2, but same company and NOC, correct? If it worries you, write an LoE. I honestly wouldnt even bother. As poster above said, if your CRS score stays the same, its ok.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Not if you explain it in LOE and your eligibility and CRS points are not affected due to the change.
Yes, it has no impact on CRS points. Looking at the feedback I have been receiving, I will update it in ITA form and also give details in LOE. Thanks for your feedback.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hi! Its not a misinterpretation. When a person claims part time job as full time, 3 years of experience instead of 1, or hides being in some country to avoid getting PCC, thats a misinterpretation. Profile is editable after ITA, meaning you can do it. You had listed 1 position instead of 2, but same company and NOC, correct? If it worries you, write an LoE. I honestly wouldnt even bother. As poster above said, if your CRS score stays the same, its ok.
Thanks, Houzi. Yes, I will update it in ITA form and also mention it in LoE.

Bovu779

Jun 22, 2018
Hello, I would appreciate if someone could give me some advice or if they know of anyone who got rejected because of this, or someone who got accepted, my story is as follows:

I am applying through EE under CEC. In my initial application I had put that I worked from August 2014- September 2016 as a Paralegal (NOC 4211), however since receiving my ITA I realised that from August 2014 - January 2015 are ineligible as they were unpaid intern work as a Paralegal. Please note that this has absolutely no effect on my points as it is the same points for 1 year foreign work experience as it is for 2 years foreign work experience.

I have change the dates in my work history and intend to put the 5 months of unpaid in my personal history. I am also going to provide a LOE citing the error and state it was simply an oversight.

Since it doesn't effect my points at all do you think this will cause me problems and possibly be rejected as a result?

Should I decline my invitation and re-apply?

Please help as I am quite anxious about this!