+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Can my employer re-applyfor LMO if refused once??

nmt

Sep 7, 2008
Hi,
Can my employer re-applyfor LMO if refused once?
What's the procedure?

Please let me know!

velocity

Oct 8, 2008
USA
Nursing jobs and requirements in Canada

Hello,

I am totally new to this site and to the Canadian Immigration issues. Please shed some light to some of the questions I have.

First of all, about me, I am a recent graduate nurse (BSN from US) and licensed as a RN in US. I am not currently employed and do not have any nursing experience except for clinical rotations that I did while in nursing school.

1. What are the licensing requirements in Canada, lets say in BC?
2. With the level of education I have, will I be able to work as a RN in Canada?
3. How does nursing job market look like in Canada?
4. My husband has a Bachelor's degree in Accounting & Business Admin., and currently pursuing Masters in Accounting, has total of 3 years experience in the related field. I see that in some of the Canadian immigration sites, they list our professions as those that require licenses. What does he have to do in order to be licensed in Canada, again lets say in BC?
5. Is a license necessary to apply for immigration to Canada as an independent skilled worker?

I apologize for my ignorance, and would highly appreciate any response.

Thank you!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3. There is a shortage of nurses
5. No but skilled worker class is currently undergoing rule changes and nobody really knows what is happening so wait a couple of months on that.

velocity

Oct 8, 2008
USA
Thank you, I was not sure if I was posting in an appropriate area, thats why I created a new topic...where can I find out more about the changes? Thanks again!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This here tells you a bit about the changes: http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-applicant-occupation-080904.html but CIC has not posted too much about it. I assume they will publish it when they are ready.

ssanndy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2008
Re: Nursing jobs and requirements in Canada

velocity said:
Hello,

I am totally new to this site and to the Canadian Immigration issues. Please shed some light to some of the questions I have.

First of all, about me, I am a recent graduate nurse (BSN from US) and licensed as a RN in US. I am not currently employed and do not have any nursing experience except for clinical rotations that I did while in nursing school.

1. What are the licensing requirements in Canada, lets say in BC?
2. With the level of education I have, will I be able to work as a RN in Canada?
3. How does nursing job market look like in Canada?
4. My husband has a Bachelor's degree in Accounting & Business Admin., and currently pursuing Masters in Accounting, has total of 3 years experience in the related field. I see that in some of the Canadian immigration sites, they list our professions as those that require licenses. What does he have to do in order to be licensed in Canada, again lets say in BC?
5. Is a license necessary to apply for immigration to Canada as an independent skilled worker?

I apologize for my ignorance, and would highly appreciate any response.

Thank you!
why don't you try applying for PNP or temporary worker visa? get a job offer first then ask the emloyer to sponsor the work permit