+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent advice needed whether i can go to another province if comes on SINP

Jun 1, 2014
I came on immigration to canada on SINP ( Saskatchewan nominee programme) along with my family . i landed in July 2012 in SK with intention to get settled in SK and got my PR . I tried to find job related to my field in province but not able to find it in two months time and then go back to my home country to windup things there . Due to some family issues i not able to come back early and then came back again two months ago in SK. i am by profession is telecom engineer with more than 10 yrs of experience. i tried to find job in my field in last two months in SK with my intention to get settled in SK and found limited opportunities related to telecom . i applied to companies related to my field . registered with all employment related recruitment companies and also attached with concellor (open door) in SK to get job but not able to find it till now after trying for two months. i even got my driving license from SK. Now i got written job offer from Ontario related to my telecom field from a well known company . As i desparately need a job to feed my family and kids , can i go to ontario for job and move with my family . my intention is still to get settle in SK and for which i am still trying . My question is can i move to ontario for job i have as i desperately need job. what should i do ?? urgent reply needed as i have to decide in two-three days max.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can. There is no minimum time you must stay in your PNP province. You signed a document stating you intend to settle in your PNP province and this was true when you landed so you did not commit misrepresentation or get your PR under false pretenses.

You really tried to find a job in order to settle in your PNP province but unfortunately you were unsuccessful. Nobody will blame you for taking a job elsewhere. Aside from that, the charter of rights and freedoms allows a PR to live and work in any province you choose.

Jun 1, 2014
Thanks a lot for your reply. Further more , do i need to inform immigration department of SK before moving to the different province by explaining my efforts to proof my intention and take something in written from them . i dont want to get into issues when go for citizenship after three years . please suggest.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
need-urgent-advice said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. Further more , do i need to inform immigration department of SK before moving to the different province by explaining my efforts to proof my intention and take something in written from them . i dont want to get into issues when go for citizenship after three years . please suggest.
No, you don't need to inform them. If you do, depending on the staff you talk to, they might say they are sorry that you didn't find a job and wish you good luck in ON or they might say that you must stay in SK for x years. If they say the latter, be aware that there is no legal basis for such claims. You did not sign any binding agreement to stay in SK for x years. You only stated your intent to settle which you truly did have at the time you applied and landed.