+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT - Addition of Spouse in Express Entry after Submission Stage

toronto2021

Mar 2, 2020
I am in a similar situation as above. My husband and I before getting married applied individually for Express Entry, got our ITA and our applications was processing. After submitting everything, we got married and then, my husband received his "Ready for Visa" email and he submitted our marriage certificate on the same day. After they received that, they asked for my documents on his application as his spouse, and one of the things they ask for is to pay the RPRF fee and the processing fee. As I had already paid that on my application, I just attached my receipts on his. On doing the same, they have now responded giving us the following options:
- to repay the Processing & RPRF fees again as an accompanying spouse on his application and let my application also process only as a spouse
OR
- to be listed as a non-accompanying spouse and let my individual application process.

Apart from the fact that I might lose $490 as processing fee by going with the first option, I am concerned about which method will be faster. We have already been waiting for 8-9 months. As an individual applicant, I could get my PR anytime soon but I don't know if I am added as a spouse, it would be a new process or it would cut back on time. Kindly help me!!!