+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Upfront medical exam was not linked to PGWP application

NewN

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi,
I applied for inland initial PGWP early this year, and included upfront medical exam sheet(new exam just two days before submission). However, the exam was never linked to the application and later in April the work permit was approved but with restriction on health/education related jobs. To be sure, I contacted the clinic to ask if there is any thing worrying and they said everything was normal and they would have called me if something was wrong.

I sent them a webform to IRCC asking for reconsideration and explained that I did an upfront exam and that my career is related to health, and attached the exam, the permit and a screenshot that the exam was included in the application. Few days later i got a confirmation that the request was recieved and that the documents were added to my file, but no action.

Two months later I called them over phone to ask for a response and the agent told me will write a note asking for response. Few days later I got a generic response telling me that "removing the condition requires a medical exam! and that I should do it upfront if inside canada..."
The response was really furstrating! It is generic and did not tell why my exam was not linked. I would understand if they said due to a technical issue we cant see your exam on the system, contact your clinic; or we cant change application after approval, apply again with the same documents and exam.

I am now confused what I should do, 3 months already passed from the permit and I cant apply to any position in hospitals/health facilities

I would appreciate any help

NewN

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Can any of the experienced members help me with this?

Also, if I apply again to change the condition and it get approved, will my spouse be required to apply again for a new SOWP? or just submit a copy of my new work permit to the IRCC via webform to update their record?

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hi, Can you please let me know what you did? Did you get a response? I am in a similar situation and not sure what to do. I tried flagpole but they said only IRCC can change that. Were you able to continue working while waiting for the revised work permit?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html
Hi,
I applied for inland initial PGWP early this year, and included upfront medical exam sheet(new exam just two days before submission). However, the exam was never linked to the application and later in April the work permit was approved but with restriction on health/education related jobs. To be sure, I contacted the clinic to ask if there is any thing worrying and they said everything was normal and they would have called me if something was wrong.

I sent them a webform to IRCC asking for reconsideration and explained that I did an upfront exam and that my career is related to health, and attached the exam, the permit and a screenshot that the exam was included in the application. Few days later i got a confirmation that the request was recieved and that the documents were added to my file, but no action.

Two months later I called them over phone to ask for a response and the agent told me will write a note asking for response. Few days later I got a generic response telling me that "removing the condition requires a medical exam! and that I should do it upfront if inside canada..."
The response was really furstrating! It is generic and did not tell why my exam was not linked. I would understand if they said due to a technical issue we cant see your exam on the system, contact your clinic; or we cant change application after approval, apply again with the same documents and exam.

I am now confused what I should do, 3 months already passed from the permit and I cant apply to any position in hospitals/health facilities

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi, Can you please let me know what you did? Did you get a response? I am in a similar situation and not sure what to do. I tried flagpole but they said only IRCC can change that. Were you able to continue working while waiting for the revised work permit?

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hi,

Hi Can you update what happened in your case? Did you apply for amendment? Or did the officer reopen your case and fix it?

NewN

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi Can you update what happened in your case? Did you apply for amendment? Or did the officer reopen your case and fix it?
Hi, I did not apply yet and of course they did not fix it.

I got confused how to apply as the IRCC reply to my webform says that we can apply online to remove the condition, yet on their website it says PGWP holders who want to remove conditions should apply on paper.

Basically, I am in a depression phase ..

thrigaya

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
Hi please do the paper based application and raise another webform/call IRCC to follow up.. Contact your local MP to put in an enquiry on your behalf.. I did all the above and my case just got reopened after 3weeks.. Also if you Already have a job get a letter from your employer If not start applying for jobs and send proof that you got an offer but you are unable to join cz of this condition.. These are proof for urgent processing.. Please do not get depressed and stay on them as it’s not your fault.. This process takes anywhere between 1-3months but definitely apply to remove The conditions asap..

Reactions: NewN

NewN

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Hi please do the paper based application and raise another webform/call IRCC to follow up.. Contact your local MP to put in an enquiry on your behalf.. I did all the above and my case just got reopened after 3weeks.. Also if you Already have a job get a letter from your employer If not start applying for jobs and send proof that you got an offer but you are unable to join cz of this condition.. These are proof for urgent processing.. Please do not get depressed and stay on them as it’s not your fault.. This process takes anywhere between 1-3months but definitely apply to remove The conditions asap..
Thank you for your detailed reply that encourged me to try again.

If you dont mind, may I ask you about some required information on the on-paper application?

On the form 5710:
3. "I am applying for one or more of the following:" which on we should choose, "applying with the same employer" or "apply for the first time or with new employer"

Details of the intended work:
1. What type of work permit. I selected "other" and wrote "I need the conditions removed from the PGWP". Correct?

2. Details of my prospective employer. Is it necessary to fill this part? I remember it was not necessary when applied for PGWP, but when I select "other" it became required. I do work now but I dont want to provide the information so the IRCC ties my work permit to this employer and forgets that I had a PGWP. Can I put "not required" or "NA" instead in these blanks?

Also regarding the supporting documents, I downloaded the checklist and it seems I need only to submit photocopies of the following:
- form 5710 and checklist
- passport
- current work permit
- Proof of payment
- upfront medical sheet (although not in the list).

So no need for graduation letter, transcript, bank statments, proof of employment. Right?

Thank you again

Teewhy678

Mar 7, 2024
Hi everyone
I’m in the united kingdom, My SOWP was approved december and I’m hoping to travel by April..when i applied for my visa I wasn’t asked to do any medical exams, i just did my biometrics and my visa was approved i think because my wife stated in the application that i will not be working in the health sector. On my introductory letter where it’s stated medical validity Not applicable was written on it.
I’m just confused that will i be asked for my medical exam at the border because on the introductory letter it says you must have a medical if required but I wasn’t asked during my application atall

i hope someone responds soon