+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unknown Details about relatives

rallydriver

Dec 1, 2009
Hey all, I'm filling out the IMM 5406 form and I'm puzzled about Section C which asks for brother and sisters (including half or step siblings).

What do you do if all you know about your step/half sibling is their name and/or year of birth?

Can I put "Not Known" or something under their address and marital status since we do not communicate at all. Also, what if you don't know their date of birth, maybe just the year?

I'd rather not fill in their info, but I don't want to risk not having it since the instructions specifically asked for them. At the same time, we have no relationship so I dont like having them there with missing information.

What should I do?

If your half sibling is paternal and you have no relationship with your father, and only know his name and address, am I required to find the sibling information otherwise?

What if I can't?

calgirl

Nov 17, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-5-09
Doc's Request.
6-7-09
Med's Request
28-10-09
Med's Done....
3-11-09
Passport Req..
28-10-09
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-09
LANDED..........
7-5-2010
Put whatever information you have. Put "unknown" for the information which is really unknown to you. Send a letter with your form describing the situation and add some copy as evidence such as divorce certificate etc. This is as per my understanding. Seniors please advise.