+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unfamiliar situation

jla

Jan 5, 2009
I was a Spouse of a Diplomat with an open work permit and I applied in behalf of my family under Skilled worker's program to Buffalo Consulate in April '07. My work permit has since lapsed since my wife's recall and am In Canada on Visitor's Visa with condition of ineligibity to work or study. I got a letter from Buffalo that a temp file for the application is in process.

Can I continue to look for work and ask for a LMO from possible employers to help facilitate a work permit?
What are my other courses of action?

Any ideas would be appreciated!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can try to get an LMO and a work permit or an AEO to try to speed up your skilled worker application but if you applied through Buffalo, it should be pretty close to finish now.

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
I have done my medical on March 03,2015. I have received email from CIC requesting for My and my spouse Passport copies. I was surprised that they must ask me to submit original passport for landing sticker. But my lawyer said that CIC do not put a record of Landing in the passport anymore. CIC send us PR card. I am not sure about the changes in rules. If any one can tell me about this.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Sambil786 said:
I have done my medical on March 03,2015. I have received email from CIC requesting for My and my spouse Passport copies. I was surprised that they must ask me to submit original passport for landing sticker. But my lawyer said that CIC do not put a record of Landing in the passport anymore. CIC send us PR card. I am not sure about the changes in rules. If any one can tell me about this.
1. You only have to submit your passport for the COPR issuance if you are from NON visitor visa exempt country.

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014