+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to meet residency obligation

canada_trini

Nov 20, 2009
I currently still have my record of landing which I got when I was 8 years old. My parents had there landed documents but surrendered them to the embassy when I was 12 years old, but never surrendered my own. I am now 21 years old and would like to return to canada as a permanant resident but do not meet the residency obligation. However given that I was a minor at the time and under guardianship of my parents, under those circumstances I could not possibly meet the residency obligation. My question is could I apply for a travel document to return to canada.....and be considered under humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canada_trini said:
I currently still have my record of landing which I got when I was 8 years old. My parents had there landed documents but surrendered them to the embassy when I was 12 years old, but never surrendered my own. I am now 21 years old and would like to return to canada as a permanant resident but do not meet the residency obligation. However given that I was a minor at the time and under guardianship of my parents, under those circumstances I could not possibly meet the residency obligation. My question is could I apply for a travel document to return to canada.....and be considered under humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
You can try, if you had applied at 18 you might have had a chance, at 21 not so good.

PMM

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why dont you get a lawyer? They might be able to advice on best route to take.