+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Tier 2 vs Canada PR

vincent.forums

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
I am currently on a UK tier 2 dependent.I am pondering if i should continue with Tier 2 dependent and eventual primary Tier 2 or move to Canada once i get picked in the draw (CRS of 441).

Anyone with any insights, i know there are several factors involved. I would not like to miss my opportunity for canada while i am on my Tier 2 dependent.

Is there a way for me not to miss my short term 1-2 yrs Tier 2 visa for UK but also not miss my Canada bus (draw).

Please suggest.

TIA.

PEIlove

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
I am currently on a UK tier 2 dependent.I am pondering if i should continue with Tier 2 dependent and eventual primary Tier 2 or move to Canada once i get picked in the draw (CRS of 441).

Anyone with any insights, i know there are several factors involved. I would not like to miss my opportunity for canada while i am on my Tier 2 dependent.

Is there a way for me not to miss my short term 1-2 yrs Tier 2 visa for UK but also not miss my Canada bus (draw).

Please suggest.

TIA.
I had the same dilemma like you as I lived in UK for almost 8years including a TIer-2 visa. In canada you have 98% same rights as a citizen once you are a PR,so there is no reason for you not to apply.what you can do if your current job or your partners job (whoever is one main tier-2) is paying well,you guys are generally happy..still process your PR for canada,do your landing,apply for your card and go back to your work in uk.Once you get your confirmation and do the landing,you dont need to stay in canada or move to canada immediately,you just need to make sure there is no 2yr absence period in canada.In terms of living cost,getting a mortgage or quality of life is far better than UK and not to mention you have access to every single public funds and social benefits including student funding,health etc.