+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UCI number updated

Feb 27, 2022
Hi everyone,

I applied for PR in March and right after I submit my application I received the AOR letter with a temporary UCI number (starting with CAN). Today my application was updated with a permanent UCI number and so my biometrics now shows in my profile. However, I've been unable to track my application using the tracker.

Is this normal? Am I going to receive a new letter? Does the permanent UCI number mean now my application is being processed?

Thanks!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone,

I applied for PR in March and right after I submit my application I received the AOR letter with a temporary UCI number (starting with CAN). Today my application was updated with a permanent UCI number and so my biometrics now shows in my profile. However, I've been unable to track my application using the tracker.

Is this normal? Am I going to receive a new letter? Does the permanent UCI number mean now my application is being processed?

Thanks!
The relevant thread for this is: Express entry.

The UCI update is a normal thing. Once you pass Medical exams, your CANXXX is updated to UCIXXX. About not being able to use the tracker - I wrote a possible set of reasons here just a few minutes ago: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cannot-register-application-status-tracker-account.799822/#post-10466381

Depending upon what AOR you are, join the relevant thread. You'll find it much easier to stay updated (e.g. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2023-aor.789909/page-73)

Iru

Feb 24, 2024
What happ
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
what happened to you. I have the same issue

UCI Updated two weeks ago

No bio / no medical

CanGoldDigger

Star Member
Feb 17, 2024
It happens when they need more time to verify your papers before finalizing the completeness check stage. It can take up to 1-3 months and more after UCI is changed/linked.

CanGoldDigger

Star Member
Feb 17, 2024
Thank you

I thought it stuck there, since everyone else get UCI update date followed by Medical pass and biometric on the same day or two days latter
Yep, that is when there are no issues about your completeness check. It takes more time when there are a lot of documents in your applications or they do some requests about your documents, etc. It happens, don't worry and be patient.