+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UCI changed?? Help

alinakniaz

Oct 21, 2019
Hi everyone,

I applied for express entry before and got refused (mistake in letter of employment). Applying again now.

On my old application my UCI was the same as work permit. On the new application it's different? It has "CAN" and then a bunch of numbers. Is this normal? I was writing all my letters of explanation and saying my old UCI on them.

I've been reading some ridiculous reasons for refusals and now I'm afraid that they would think something of the old UCI. Should I send a web form and s explain that I signed everything with the original UCI?

I'm so confused, I didn't even know it could change like that...

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi everyone,

I applied for express entry before and got refused (mistake in letter of employment). Applying again now.

On my old application my UCI was the same as work permit. On the new application it's different? It has "CAN" and then a bunch of numbers. Is this normal? I was writing all my letters of explanation and saying my old UCI on them.

I've been reading some ridiculous reasons for refusals and now I'm afraid that they would think something of the old UCI. Should I send a web form and s explain that I signed everything with the original UCI?

I'm so confused, I didn't even know it could change like that...
Mine also changed to CAN***** number and from my understanding it is a temporary number given when you send in your PR application. Eventually the temporary number will change, once they start processing.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
My AOR is July 8, 2020 and my UCI is still CAN****. when I pass the medical and receive the biometrics request my UCI will change. I expect my UCI to change to the same one in my work permit within the next two weeks,

alinakniaz

Oct 21, 2019
My AOR is July 8, 2020 and my UCI is still CAN****. when I pass the medical and receive the biometrics request my UCI will change. I expect my UCI to change to the same one in my work permit within the next two weeks,
Thank you for replying, this makes me feel much better!

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
I just received by Biometrics , but not yet been informed my medical was passed. My UCI is still showing CAN**** , I will see if it changes when I receive notification I passed my medical.

alinakniaz

Oct 21, 2019
I just received by Biometrics , but not yet been informed my medical was passed. My UCI is still showing CAN**** , I will see if it changes when I receive notification I passed my medical.
Is your case in myimmitracker? It seems like they're processing medicals for July 8-9 application at the moment.

mp001

Aug 9, 2021
Hi Everyone
I am an CEC applicant AOR 22 June 2021.on June 23 my uci number changed from temporary CAN to original. Received an email from ircc that profile status has been changed.But there is no other updates on my profile.i was hoping for Medicals to be updated. Is there anybody having similar situation?

Oct 30, 2020
Hi everyone. I applied for my TR to PR in 2021 thru my job experience at a gas station, where I used to get paper paystubs. I recently got email from IRCC that they need my paystubs from that time but I dont have any as I lost them. I tried to contact my employer and he is retired now and I am really confused to where I can get the paystubs from.

Iru

Feb 24, 2024
Hi Everyone
I am an CEC applicant AOR 22 June 2021.on June 23 my uci number changed from temporary CAN to original. Received an email from ircc that profile status has been changed.But there is no other updates on my profile.i was hoping for Medicals to be updated. Is there anybody having similar situation?
How long it took you to see something on profile. Same situation