+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to permanently move to Alberta

DEANR

Aug 15, 2014
Hi I went to Canada on the IEC visa in 2012 I worked probably 9 out of 12 months, I then obtained my second year visa and got a job selling cars for a year. My second year visa recently expired now I am back in Ireland. I have a written job letter from my employer and have 10+ family members residing in alberta. Is there an easy way for me to get permanent residency since I have over a years work experience in canada? Or am I screwed. I have no trades under my belt or PhDs, all I really have is my experience selling cars and a job offer. Is that enough to be accepted into Canada on a PR status?

Any replies or advice would be grateful

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
What you say you have right now, I don't think would qualify you for PR status. I am not positive on that though, so don't just run with what I say.

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. Why don't you start here and see what you can come up with? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/eligibility.asp

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately for you, car salesman is not considered a skilled job. If you had a 1 year experience doing a skilled job, you would be able to apply for PR. With a low skilled job, all you can hope for is that if you get an LMO, you could get a work permit. In order to get the LMO, your employer would have to show that the job was advertised for so so long and that no qualified applicants applied.