+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV: IMM 5257 - Schedule 1 - Question regarding signature

Nesa09

Jun 29, 2013
Hello everyone,
I want to apply for TRV by mail and together with all other documents I have to submit "Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1]" form (IMM5257B_1.pdf).

After I validate and print the form, should I date and sign it? There is no signature line and date box on the form.

Thanks

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
Nesa09 said:
Hello everyone,
I want to apply for TRV by mail and together with all other documents I have to submit "Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1]" form (IMM5257B_1.pdf).

After I validate and print the form, should I date and sign it? There is no signature line and date box on the form.

Thanks
hello nesa. simply validate the form and print. there is no need for a signature on this form.

Nesa09

Jun 29, 2013
Hi jesuscares,
Thank you for the fast reply.

I was confused because my wife is also applying for WP at Canadian embassy in Vienna. For working permit, on embassy site, there is more detailed Document Checklist than the original one (IMM 5488). They ask to submit the one from embassy site instead of IMM 5488.

In that checklist the following text is written for IMM 5257 - Schedule 1:
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1] must be completed, dated and signed if one of these options applies to you:
  • You are a citizen of Afghanistan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Iraq, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Montenegro, Pakistan, Rwanda, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen.
  • You are holder of a travel document issued by the Palestinian Authority.
  • When filling out the application form you answered "Yes" to any one of questions 3 to 7 in the section "Background Information".

I suppose that the text "must be completed, dated and signed" is from the period when that form had signature line and date box (three years ago when I applied for TRV I had to complete that form by hand and it contained signature line and date box).

Any thoughts?

jung ha sun

Mar 15, 2013
hello everyone,

i have sent my application via VFS in Abu Dhabi for my working and Temporary resident visa permit..but when I validated the form (IMM 5257 Temporary Resident Visa Form) the bar code didn't came out. Is it really necessary to have it? and what could be the consequences if in case?Is there a possibility that my application will be sent back to me?

Thanks!

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
Nesa09 said:
Hi jesuscares,
Thank you for the fast reply.

I was confused because my wife is also applying for WP at Canadian embassy in Vienna. For working permit, on embassy site, there is more detailed Document Checklist than the original one (IMM 5488). They ask to submit the one from embassy site instead of IMM 5488.

In that checklist the following text is written for IMM 5257 - Schedule 1:
Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1] must be completed, dated and signed if one of these options applies to you:
  • You are a citizen of Afghanistan, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Iraq, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Montenegro, Pakistan, Rwanda, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen.
  • You are holder of a travel document issued by the Palestinian Authority.
  • When filling out the application form you answered "Yes" to any one of questions 3 to 7 in the section "Background Information".

I suppose that the text "must be completed, dated and signed" is from the period when that form had signature line and date box (three years ago when I applied for TRV I had to complete that form by hand and it contained signature line and date box).

Any thoughts?
hi nessa. once the application is going to be submitted online there is no need to physically sign the form. also you correct about the completed, dated and signed instruction. this applies to the older version of the form which they still use for the online application process.