+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in April 2018 (India)

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
every time I read this forum it accelerates the adrenaline rush. 1st it was for PR application in 2015/2016 now its TRV for mother in law. here is the timeline-

I applied from Canada online for mother in law (residing at India) on 14th May 2018
current status- application still hatching (review of eligibility- we will send you message once we start the review)

a piece of advice for new applicants-
1. Apply for shorter tenure, you would get a multiple entry visa till expiry of passport (or 10 years; whichever is earlier) unless you are going to a specific event as per CIC website (in this case you would get a single entry)
2. Write/get a strong letter of invite
3. Book the return tickets and attach in your application (small catch here, cant spill the beans on forum. pm me I will be happy to tell you the way to get your ticket for visa without incurring cost)
4. If the funds are less than 4 months old then create a letter of explanation and take an undertaking from the depositor
5. Dont overdo things (dont provide everything what you have. Take a breathe; think and decide what is/will be right and use that)

I am sharing the points above doesnt mean I am relaxed and wont be looking at CIC account daily like a frightened cat; checking CIC website frequently is the real fun.
Point 5, you are right, don't over do things as sometimes it backfires. Good luck bro, good things will come to you.

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
every time I read this forum it accelerates the adrenaline rush. 1st it was for PR application in 2015/2016 now its TRV for mother in law. here is the timeline-

I applied from Canada online for mother in law (residing at India) on 14th May 2018
current status- application still hatching (review of eligibility- we will send you message once we start the review)

a piece of advice for new applicants-
1. Apply for shorter tenure, you would get a multiple entry visa till expiry of passport (or 10 years; whichever is earlier) unless you are going to a specific event as per CIC website (in this case you would get a single entry)
2. Write/get a strong letter of invite
3. Book the return tickets and attach in your application (small catch here, cant spill the beans on forum. pm me I will be happy to tell you the way to get your ticket for visa without incurring cost)
4. If the funds are less than 4 months old then create a letter of explanation and take an undertaking from the depositor
5. Dont overdo things (dont provide everything what you have. Take a breathe; think and decide what is/will be right and use that)

I am sharing the points above doesnt mean I am relaxed and wont be looking at CIC account daily like a frightened cat; checking CIC website frequently is the real fun.
In continuation to my previous post; specifying some example for over doing things.

Mistake 1- Adding financial statements of people (at Canade) who are inviting you.
Issue - You don't want to show that you have strong ties in Canada; if you show lots of money in Canada you are bound to have visa rejection.
Solution- Avoid financial statements from Canada unless they are on your name and you would use the money during your trip.

Mistake 2- In case of multiple persons applying visa (e.g. mother and father) submitting only one proof of funds.
Issue - As the proof of funds is on one person's name CIC reads it as if the other person isn't able to sustain the expenses thus visa is rejected.
Solution- Obtain a proof of funds for every single applicant and upload it with documents, in case of join account upload same document under both applicants separately.

Mistake 3- Providing only property evaluation documents and bank statements as a proof of strong ties back home.
Issue - Strong financial status is good but CIC is looking for a reason to come back, money can be transferred to Canada online, property can sit for years. Not showing a solid reason for return leads to rejection of visa.
Solution - 1. If both or one of your parents are retired and receiving pension; get a proof that they need to physically present once in certain time (quarterly, 6 months or annually) to be eligible to receive pension.
2. If your folks are into business; show that the business cant operate without them.
3. If your folks are enjoying their life (no business, no pension but just using money earned over the course of life or inherited) try mentioning about care taking of some elder who needs to be attended and during your visit one of your relative will be there to take care of elders (this should be genuine and not fake)
4. If any of the above 3 applies to one of your parent and 2nd parent is a home maker then for 2nd parent show him/her as a dependent and provide a proof that he/she is enjoying life from earning of spouse and will stay with her/him.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
Hi.. I am going to write my own experience.. Have applied two times for canada visa for me and my wife have got it fairly quickly both times. Got my twin son and daughter study permit at the same time. I have a good travel history to Schengen area and Asian countries as well.
The first time I applied in September . I submitted my application with my two years ITR, my company balance sheet and company bank statement. Two years ITR for my wife and her bank statement . I have not submitted any proof for land holding , FDR or anything else apart from that. Got visa approved till the validity of passport but as we both had not much validity left in our passports the visa was for about a year. and yes I applied in paper application.
We both visited Canada after that.
The second time we both reapplied for another trv with our renewed passports this time we had gone for online mode and applied under Can + with no financial papers of any kind. Not even ITR. Got the visa approved online and PPR request in about 24 hrs.
I guess strong ITR and business is a reason good enough for the embassy. It has more value the having lakhs of rupees in FDR and Saving Bank balance . This is as per my experience. Thanks and good luck to all .

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi.. I am going to write my own experience.. Have applied two times for canada visa for me and my wife have got it fairly quickly both times. Got my twin son and daughter study permit at the same time. I have a good travel history to Schengen area and Asian countries as well.
The first time I applied in September . I submitted my application with my two years ITR, my company balance sheet and company bank statement. Two years ITR for my wife and her bank statement . I have not submitted any proof for land holding , FDR or anything else apart from that. Got visa approved till the validity of passport but as we both had not much validity left in our passports the visa was for about a year. and yes I applied in paper application.
We both visited Canada after that.
The second time we both reapplied for another trv with our renewed passports this time we had gone for online mode and applied under Can + with no financial papers of any kind. Not even ITR. Got the visa approved online and PPR request in about 24 hrs.
I guess strong ITR and business is a reason good enough for the embassy. It has more value the having lakhs of rupees in FDR and Saving Bank balance . This is as per my experience. Thanks and good luck to all .
congrats for your visa both times, some facts put straight-

1st time you got visa because you had strong ties to your home country; business in your case and as you submitted balance sheet and bank statement of company so its clear that it is a privately owned business. Also your travel history supported your application. Your wife got the visa because she is dependent on you.

2nd time visa- it is common for CIC to give visa in 24 hrs to people who have obtained visa previously and entered and exited Canada within timeline of visa.

It has limited to do with your ITR only submission, but at the same time your ITR supported the fact of strong ties to home country i.e. your business.

For those who haven't provided ITR but have provided FDs and/or saving account statements and dont have travel history kindly don't assume that your chances of getting visa are slim, every case is different and is evaluated accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: khanim

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
congrats for your visa both times, some facts put straight-

1st time you got visa because you had strong ties to your home country; business in your case and as you submitted balance sheet and bank statement of company so its clear that it is a privately owned business. Also your travel history supported your application. Your wife got the visa because she is dependent on you.

2nd time visa- it is common for CIC to give visa in 24 hrs to people who have obtained visa previously and entered and exited Canada within timeline of visa.

It has got nothing to do with your ITR, but at the same time your ITR also supported the fact of strong ties to home country.

For those who haven't provided ITR but have provided FDs and/or saving account statements and dont have travel history kindly don't assume that your chances of getting visa are slim, every case is different and is evaluated accordingly.
Well as I said I have told what I felt worked in my case and I didn’t comment on anyone else’s chances or getting or not getting the visa. I told just one aspect which seems to have worked for me. There maybe millions of other things that work. Wish well for all.

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
I feel that most important thing in visa application is "Why you will come back".
Apart from FD's, Huge bank balance, shares or Properties, the most formidable ties are Very Stable job with decent salary, Kids, Wife, Old Parents, Home loans. If applicant has strong ties to home country then Even 7000 CAD balance is sufficient.
2nd most important in my opinion is, How applicant writes his cover letter, the language he use, how he put forward his intentions. It also leave impression on mind of reader. Precise and To the point is the key.
Otherwise there are so many cases on this forum where Huge money/Tax returns/ Expansive Travel history never got them visa.
Just think of yourself at place of visa officer and many of us will know what documents we need.

dj8855

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
No one is getting any updates on TRV or getting approved these days? Or its just that we have very less applicants who are on the forum?