+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel doucment chances - Abu Dhabi

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
Hey again everyone

I've been posting here frequently about my case for some time now.

As you may have read in my earlier posts. As I expected my pr card renewal application was referred to secondary review.

I've been waiting to renew my card for over two years and now I got pulled into this black hole which really shattered me because I've been living here alone, studying and working and I haven't been able to see my single mother (who lives by herself too to work and help with my expenses) in two years.

My only choice right now is to either stay again for a year or more until my review is sorted out or I get citizenship or Travel home to my mother (in Kuwait) and ask for a travel document over the next summer through the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi.

I don't know what to do and I've been devastated for two days. I'm afraid that if my travel document gets rejected, I will be unable to come back to my final university year here in Canada and make things worse for myself but at the same time, I can't stand spending yet a third summer holiday totally without my family totally on my own studying again.

Do you believe I have a chance at getting a travel document ? I have been in Canada for over two years already but I only have my university transcripts to prove this in addition to other minor things like bank statements and my rental agreement. I haven't been doing anything else other than studying for the past two years. I started working last March.

I can't do anything about the Gulf stamps because I was living in Kuwait with my mother as a child and when I moved here on my own I was 18.

Do you believe I should proceed and travel next May and ask for a travel document from the Abu Dhabi Embassy. I will have around 950 days in Canada at that time but I only have my university transcripts (and pay stubs from the last year + rental and bank statements) ?

Really looking for some guidance from other members who went through this.