+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transportation - Getting Around by Public Transit - FOR NEW COMERS

jitz

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, Canada has a very good public transit system (public transit means Buses, Trains, underground Metro or Subway, and Street cars).

Most large and medium-sized cities in Ontario have public transit systems of buses. Toronto also has a system of streetcars and subways. Most systems provide free transit maps.

The Toronto Transit System (TTC) has information in more than 20 languages on their phone system – call 416-393-4636.

For Mississauga Transit most of the times and I like it more, however if you are going from Mississauga to Toronto downtown for example, you have to plan your trip from where you live to Islington Subway Station first and then take the Subway to downtown. To plan your trip from Mississauga to the subway or to anywhere else in Mississauga you can use this PERFECT online trip planner.

Now, to use public transit, you can pay cash for each trip. You must have the exact amount of money for the buses because the drivers cannot give you change. If you use public transit often, you can buy tickets, tokens or a daily or monthly pass. It costs more if you pay cash for each trip. You can buy tickets, tokens and passes at bus or subway stations and in some stores.

For example, in Mississauga Transit you pay:

Cash: $3.00 per trip (you change as many as buses you want for free within 2 hours, but don’t forget to get the transfer from the driver)

Ticket: ticket is similar to cash, is valid for one trip, however it’s cheaper, you buy 10 tickets for $23.

Pass:
Pass allows you to travel unlimited times before the pass expires. You can buy weekly pass for $24, or monthly pass for $99. You can also buy a GTA pass that allows you to use any transit system in the GTA unlimited times, weekly for $45 and monthly for around $180.

So I want to reassure that if you need to change from one bus, streetcar or train to another to get where you want to go. When this happens, you need a transfer. A transfer is a piece of paper that tells the driver that you do not have to pay again. Ask the driver for a transfer when you get on the first bus or streetcar, or get one at the subway station where you start your trip.

HOPE THIS INFO ON ABOVE WILL HELP THOSE PPLS ARE ALREADY IN CANADA !

GOOD LUCK ! GUYS

doc28

Oct 18, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi jitz!
thanks . thats really informative for new comers or those who are plannin to land soon.

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Man, it seems so much cheaper than here in the UK. I live about 20 miles from my work place and I pay £269 every month for a travel card. That about $ 470 in Canadian dollars.