+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transferring Ontario G2 License into Alberta Class5 License

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
Hello,

We are planning to move from Ontario to Alberta in the next month. My wife is planning to sit for her G2 road test before we are moving to Alberta.
Based on some research I did, Alberta requires at least 2 years of either G or G2 experience in Ontario in order to convert to the equivalent Alberta license without appearing in a road test.

So, we are wondering it is worthwhile to sit for the G2 road test because she'd need to appear in another road test in Alberta.

Did anyone face a similar situation before? Appreciate, any kind of response.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

We are planning to move from Ontario to Alberta in the next month. My wife is planning to sit for her G2 road test before we are moving to Alberta.
Based on some research I did, Alberta requires at least 2 years of either G or G2 experience in Ontario in order to convert to the equivalent Alberta license without appearing in a road test.

So, we are wondering it is worthwhile to sit for the G2 road test because she'd need to appear in another road test in Alberta.

Did anyone face a similar situation before? Appreciate, any kind of response.
Is it a permanent move?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right. But, to be placed into the graduated drivers licence (GDL) program, would she need to pass the G2 road test?
She will need to pass an advanced road test after 2 years in the GDL.

Heshan

Aug 8, 2018
She will need to pass an advanced road test after 2 years in the GDL.
I got it. The question is whether it is worth to give a try on G2 road test in Ontario? I don't think so because she'd anyway need to do the road test once she get in to the GDL pool.

Sebas5charry

Apr 9, 2024
Hello heshan! I am also planning to go to Alberta from Ontario and I am wondering the same question you were wondering couple of years, so is it worth to give a try on G2 road test in Ontario before getting to Alberta? I’ll appreciate your reply

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hello,

Did anyone face a similar situation before AC repair in Cedar Park? Appreciate, any kind of response.
In this situation, it may not be necessary for your wife to sit for the G2 road test in Ontario if you're planning to move to Alberta soon. Since Alberta requires at least 2 years of G or G2 experience in Ontario for license transfer without a road test, it might be more efficient to focus on obtaining the required driving experience in Ontario before moving. However, it's essential to confirm the specific requirements and procedures for transferring licenses with Alberta's licensing authority to ensure compliance. Ultimately, the decision depends on your wife's comfort level with driving and the timing of your move.